Shuttles from Fort Lauderdale to Miami

Cincy-David

Does anyone have a recommendation for shuttle services from FLL to Miami. Had a thread book marked earlier, but have lost it.

Am sailing the Liberty on November 8th and would like to fly into FLL for the savings and the fact we have friends staying there the night before.

Am looking for a reasonable shuttle for four people from FLL to Miami.

Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone have a recommendation for shuttle services from FLL to Miami. Had a thread book marked earlier, but have lost it.

Am sailing the Liberty on November 8th and would like to fly into FLL for the savings and the fact we have friends staying there the night before.

Am looking for a reasonable shuttle for four people from FLL to Miami.

Any help is appreciated.

Check the East Coast Departures Boards. Florida has it's own forum. Lots of helpful information and recommendations. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Katink

You can rent a car really cheaply...

Thought about this, but thought that by the time we rented something big enough to handle four full sized adults and lots of luggae that it might turn into more than we want to handle.

However, it poses a question. How close are the car rental agencies to the port in Miami and do they offer a shuttle to the port once you turn your car in.

Thanks for the replies everyone

GO Shuttle (floridalimo.com) is fairly reasonable at $18/pp shared ride with no advance reservations required ... just grab your bags, go outside, and talk to the person at the kiosk.

I did not have the best experience with renting a car and driving in Miami, but I know that if you return the car to MIA at Alamo, they do have a free shuttle to the port.

Silent Bob,

Hey! My husband and I are renting a car in SC and driving to MIA-----through Alamo- I can never get anyone on the phone at the Alamo in Florida - apparently, they have been having phone problems - so they DO have FREE shuttle to the port once you drop your car off? That is what I was trying to find out -----YAY!!!! That will save us $50 in cab fares!!! I'm assuming they have one to pick you up from the port and take you back to the car rental place, right???????

Thanks

Silent Bob,

Hey! My husband and I are renting a car in SC and driving to MIA-----through Alamo- I can never get anyone on the phone at the Alamo in Florida - apparently, they have been having phone problems - so they DO have FREE shuttle to the port once you drop your car off? That is what I was trying to find out -----YAY!!!! That will save us $50 in cab fares!!! I'm assuming they have one to pick you up from the port and take you back to the car rental place, right???????

Thanks

Yes ... there is a shuttle (unless it has changed since December). Alamo is a little off-site at the airport, but they have signs to point you where you need to go. When you get off the ship, there are Alamo shuttles you can flag down (though I've never gone that direction, so not sure how it works). I've only taken the shuttle to the port once, and it pulled in right after we arrived, so I'm not sure what the standard wait is.

Thought about this, but thought that by the time we rented something big enough to handle four full sized adults and lots of luggae that it might turn into more than we want to handle.

However, it poses a question. How close are the car rental agencies to the port in Miami and do they offer a shuttle to the port once you turn your car in.

We rented thru Alamo at FLL Airport. Kept it one night and returned it to their location at MIA airport the next morning. They gave us a free shuttle to the port.

We used Hertz, (found a coupon online), fit 4 adults plus baggage for 7 day.

Picked up the car at FLL and drove it to downtown Miami, dropped it off at the Hertz place and took the Courteysey Shuttle from Hertz to the MIA pier. We had the car for all of 2 hours....but at a cost of $40 including tax's etc. (or $10 bux a person)

We used Hertz, (found a coupon online), fit 4 adults plus baggage for 7 day.

Picked up the car at FLL and drove it to downtown Miami, dropped it off at the Hertz place and took the Courteysey Shuttle from Hertz to the MIA pier. We had the car for all of 2 hours....but at a cost of $40 including tax's etc. (or $10 bux a person)

We are now booked on our flight, and we are arriving on Friday afternoon in FLL (Saturday Cruise out of Miami).

If I rent the car on Friday afternoon and use to drive all day and then to Miami Saturday morning, I can turn it in and take the shuttle to the Port.

When we get back on Saturday following, I can rent again to drive back to FLL for the day, because our flight home is not till almost 8:00 p.m. This way I won't be sitting in either Miami or FLL all day with a car or transportation.

Does this make sense to everyone?

Thanks everyone for sharing ideas.

Dave

I would recommend Airport Shuttle out of Ft Lauderdale, they are excellent! http://www.portevergladesshuttle.com/

I also have a photo album here: http://barrysadventures.groupee.net/...4/m/7061080935

If you want to hear some audio from the cruise some during our transfer with Airport Shuttle check out this link:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...10357&cmd=apop

Barry

Caribe I.....................1984

Asure Seas................1985

QE2...........................1987

Nordic Prince..............1989 (four weeks)

Song of America..........1989 (six months)

SS Norway.................1990

MV Empress................1991 (six months)

Pacific Star................1991 (three weeks)

Zenith.......................1992 (four months)

QE2..........................1992 (three months)

Majesty of the Seas.....1994

Galaxy.......................1996

Jubilee.......................1997

Rembrandt..................1998

Seabreeze..................1999

QM2..........................2004

Majesty of the Seas.....2005

Oosterdam..................2006

Liberty of the Seas.......2008

Six of us (adults with LOTS of luggage) recently cruised from Miami but flew into FLL. We simply went to the kiosk outside the airport and the porter called for a private van. In less than 10 minutes we were loaded into an 8 person van and on our way. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was far less than we expected to pay. A few years ago we did the same cruise arrangement, but had made arrangements for a van in advance. We paid quite a bit more and had some trouble locating our mini-bus and driver. We also tried renting a car, but our easiest transfer was simply having the porter call a van when we arrived!

Have fun!

We used Quality Limo Service (1-888-RIDE-VAN) and they were wonderful. We had a group of 12 and paid $12 per person each way. We arranged our pick up times ahead, and they were ready and waiting for us each time. We had a late flight on our way in and were a bit concerned about getting to the port on time, but they were ready and in contact with us as soon as our plane landed (we received a phone call from them as we were walking off the plane). They were very proffesional and friendly. We would highly recommend them.

So whats the best way to get back to FLL from the port of miami?? Were you all able to have the same companies to pick you up at the port and take you back?

Yes, we used Quality Limo Service both ways. We had set up an estimated pick up time for our last day at 10:30 a.m. We received our first call from them around 8:00 a.m. letting us know that they were in the area. They were in touch with us a couple more times before we finally got off the ship. We gave them a final call once we claimed our baggage, and they were outside and waiting for us in the pick up line. It all went very smoothly.

We used Quality Limo Service (1-888-RIDE-VAN) and they were wonderful. We had a group of 12 and paid $12 per person each way. We arranged our pick up times ahead, and they were ready and waiting for us each time. We had a late flight on our way in and were a bit concerned about getting to the port on time, but they were ready and in contact with us as soon as our plane landed (we received a phone call from them as we were walking off the plane). They were very proffesional and friendly. We would highly recommend them.

Thank You so much for the date, at $12.00 per person, it may be better to just do this than rent a car. It is almsot to good to pass us. I do apprecaite the data and referral. Dave

Guest moe46

Just shuttled last week with www.ridesas.com.

Excellent and dependable service at the rate of $13 per person each way (summer special with 4 person minimum) between Fort Lauderdale airport and Port of Miami. Steve (the owner) also shuttles between other locations in the area.

• 4 weeks later...
Just shuttled last week with www.ridesas.com.

Excellent and dependable service at the rate of $13 per person each way (summer special with 4 person minimum) between Fort Lauderdale airport and Port of Miami. Steve (the owner) also shuttles between other locations in the area.

I used them and it was excellent. Steve was great and $13pp was incredibly cheap. We only had 3 people and the rate was the same.

• 4 weeks later...
I used them and it was excellent. Steve was great and $13pp was incredibly cheap. We only had 3 people and the rate was the same.

Thanks Jen

This might be cheaper than renting the car that I had planned on.

Dave

Only two of us will be flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami. Renting a car is not an option for us, since we're 24 and they tack on fees for under 25. We're also going to fly in a day early and stay overnight. Any thoughts on whether we should stay at a FLL hotel or a Miami hotel - and, any hotels in either location that have free shuttles from FLL and/or to the port in Miami?

We are going to use Quality Limo Service for our transportation before/after our cruise in November. We had a referral from a friend who told us they were WONDERFUL. She has travelled a zillion times and used them and I respect her opinion...so we are booked with QLS. (They have a website with their name plus dot com.)

They quoted us $25 per person from FLL to our hotel in North Miami Beach.

I also was quoted $24 per person from Port of Miami back to FLL post-cruise.

I'm working on getting a quote for going from our hotel in NMB to the Port on the morning of the cruise. I heard taxi fares are outrageous.

Good luck!

We are going to use Quality Limo Service for our transportation before/after our cruise in November. We had a referral from a friend who told us they were WONDERFUL. She has travelled a zillion times and used them and I respect her opinion...so we are booked with QLS. (They have a website with their name plus dot com.)

They quoted us $25 per person from FLL to our hotel in North Miami Beach.

I also was quoted $24 per person from Port of Miami back to FLL post-cruise.

I'm working on getting a quote for going from our hotel in NMB to the Port on the morning of the cruise. I heard taxi fares are outrageous.

Good luck!

What kind of vehicle is that quote for? Private, shared? Thanks.

Archived