Our Favorite Pictures

gkm

• 2 months later...

It's a while since this great thread has been active, but I just wanted to post some photos I took on a recent cruise I did to Asia on Azamara Quest (ok, not strictly Celebrity, but close). I was lucky to be invited to the bridge for sail in to Hong Kong and the first two were taken as we approached at about 6.45am. An early, but magical experience as the fog was thinning. The third was taken on the Sun Deck of Azamara looking at the daily Hong Kong light show. This is one of the great advantages of being on a small ship, able to dock so close to the action. Hong Kong really is a wonderful city and I do hope to go back there.

Phil

d0727165-d373-470c.jpg

d0727165-d29b-b91e.jpg

d0727165-3ecc-5d80.jpg

Phil,

Wow, those are awesome shots. That must of been so cool; coming into Hong Kong like that with the fog. The shot of the high rise coming out of the clouds is great.

I loved Hong Kong when visiting there way back in the early eighties. I'm sure it's very different now as it was growing like crazy back then. But, in some ways, hope lots of it is the same.

We love the Quest; we took her in 2008 for a 14 nite "Best of Italy" cruise which to this day remains our all time best. Sad to here of the recent problem with the engine fire but most press reports give kudos to the staff and crew members for service above and beyond.

I'd love to get back to Hong Kong and that part of Asia on a cruise like yours but don't know if the $$$ will have it in the cards.

Question; did you do a review or ? anywhere such as maybe the Azamara board? I don't check out that very often but would like to read your review if you did one.

Again, great pics!

No Louis, I didn't do a review, but there is a short "Live from" review on the main Azamara board. I think it is still somewhere down the list on page 1. Wonderful cruise with a great crew and it doesn't surprise me how well the fire situation was dealt with and dare I say how the passengers handled it. My observations of my Azamara trips have been of a very happy ship, both crew and guests. Captain Karlsson is an excellent Master.

Phil

Thanks, Phil, for bringing the thread 'up' again AND for the magnificent images.

I'll share an early morning port arrival photo or two, as well:

Sunrise at Cabo -

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2904733310099099348BKsJvL

Sunrise over Acapulco -

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2376883560099099348SixdCy

Dawn over the Gulf of Nicoya -

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2786903400099099348DAffWI

CM

Super great pictures by Phil!! Appreciate posting and getting this thread warmed up. Nice pictures from Brazilgirl, etc., too!! Just to make sure the Solstice and Europe get their share of deserved attention, below are some of my visuals from last June. I did a full live/blog that has gotten lots of views and nice comments. It's fun doing these cruises, plus sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 71,734 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

When the sun was setting as the Solstice sailed from Rome to Naples, here was the visual on the back lawn on the ship’s top, back level.* Dramatic and beautiful!!:

SolsticeSunsetBackLawn.jpg

In the pool area, they have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

Don’t miss the sail-in for Venice. This was our view from the top of the Solstice as we approached the historic center of Venice. On a beautiful day, as we enjoyed, this is so spectacular!!!:

VeniceSailInWider.jpg

From high above Kotor, this is the view of the fjord bay with the Solstice in prime position to soak up the spectacular sun on our visiting day there.:

KotorHarborViewSolstice.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

• 1 year later...
It's a while since this great thread has been active, but I just wanted to post some photos I took on a recent cruise I did to Asia on Azamara Quest (ok, not strictly Celebrity, but close). I was lucky to be invited to the bridge for sail in to Hong Kong and the first two were taken as we approached at about 6.45am. An early, but magical experience as the fog was thinning. The third was taken on the Sun Deck of Azamara looking at the daily Hong Kong light show. This is one of the great advantages of being on a small ship, able to dock so close to the action. Hong Kong really is a wonderful city and I do hope to go back there.

Phil

d0727165-d373-470c.jpg

d0727165-d29b-b91e.jpg

d0727165-3ecc-5d80.jpg

Great pictures!

Beautiful pictures, pnsnkr, of one of my favorite places.

How nice to see this thread revived. It's fun to go back and look at these pictures.

Garry

Indeed!

Gonna find some of my pictures and post them...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by UniPac

• 1 month later...

Oh don't you love discovering pages like this!?!?!?!

They inspire you to add to the cruise bucket list! That picture of the Taku Glacier is just outstandingly beautiful.

My contribution to this thread is a photo that was a complete fluke. :eek:

I normally use a Canon 7D with an L series lens - which is quite heavy. However, since we were cruising to Tahiti this time, I bought a nifty little underwater camera (Canon D20).

We arrived in Papeete and we were on the tender going to the port to pick up a tour. My husband and I were in the back row and the back window was open. I knew Millennium was out there so I twisted around and got my arm behind my husband and out the window and pressed the button... hoping to see that my aim was reasonable.

Look what I managed to capture:

11313420695_f3a3ec94aa_b.jpg