Our Favorite Pictures

gkm

I've been out shopping for a while and come home to see beautiful pictures posted! Susie, I was with you for 3 of those pictures (Montserrat, Marrakech, and Azores). Weren't those cruises fun! Pat, wow! What a great picture of a whale and that sunset is an ooh-ahh! Phil, great picture of the Mercury and Bonnie, I can't wait to board that ship!!!

Garry

Edited by gkm

Garry,

Thanks for date of Alaska picture. We were there in 2004. Going back in 2010 again in late August and this time we are going to Denali as part of trip. Did Denali in July of 2003. In 2004 stayed in Kenai Peninsula for most of trip then for 3 days in Palmer/Wasilla.

Great idea about sharing beautiful pictures! :) I am sure everyone has great memories attached to the pictures.

Edited by shipshape sam

I love this picture, it looks like liquid gold!

You are so right about that! Great idea, Garry, have been looking and enjoying the pictures everyone is sharing. Loved the picture of the Millennium, Phil... especially with the mountains in the background...

And the picture of the sunset in Key West... there IS no better place for a sunset than from the deck of a wonderful ship. And someday I hope to see a whale breach like that... hasn't happened yet!

Here is one from a Hawaii cruise. Been there many times but this whale really liked to show off.

2407500480105526181S600x600Q85.jpg

Pat

This whale breached the first time and I missed it. I just prayed it would do it again and never took my camera down from my eye. He was just very playful that day and came up for the second time. I can't begin to tell you how loud the sound is when he comes back down. He made us all a little nervous when he went under our boat. Got to see him a little too close then. We have been to Hawaii more than 20 times and have never had a whale do this so close to our boat. It was a great memory.

Pat

Katmai National Park, Alaska (sorry if it's supposed to be a ship photo) Sorry, either it doesn't work at all or it is humungous! I can't figure out how to fix it.

2141784540054813054AHlTOt_fs.jpg

Ahhh!!! I think these bears are adorable!!! I copied the url and went to a new window and it opens smaller too cute!!!

Katmai National Park, Alaska (sorry if it's supposed to be a ship photo) Sorry, either it doesn't work at all or it is humungous! I can't figure out how to fix it.

http://image69.webshots.com/569/7/84/54/2141784540054813054AHlTOt_fs.jpg

This is what I learned over at the Royal Caribbean boards about posting pics.

1. While in you Webshots album, click on the photo you want to post. This will give you a large version of the photo. Scroll down until you see the box on the right that says "link to this picture".

2. At the top of the box you will see 5 little boxes with the numbers 100, 200, 425, 500 and 600. Click one of these to choose the size (number of pixels) of your picture. I usually use 600, the biggest.

3. Clicking on the size will generate 3 lines of code, each with a different purpose:

Post to your blog or website;

Direct link to image;

Post to a forum,

The easiest one to use is "Post to a Forum";

4. Place the cursor over the code in "Post to a Forum" and left-click. This highlights the code in blue.

5. With the cursor in the same position, right-click. This gives you a menu box.

6. Move the cursor over COPY and right-click. The menu will disappear, the code will remain highlighted, and you will think nothing happened---but the code is now copied.

7. Go to C.C., write your text, leave about 2 lines blank and put your cursor on the left margin.

8. Right-click and a menu box will appear.

9. Right click on PASTE. Several lines of code that start with will appear under your text. This is the photo. Submit and your photo should appear.

To add another photo repeat the whole process and when you get to your post click EDIT; Leave blank lines between the previouse code and put the cursor on the left margin. Then right click to get the menu box and right click on PASTE and submit again. The site will let you do this 5 times. You don't have to do a new post for each picture.

Okay, trying this again. Hey it worked.

The mom of these 3 cubs put them up this tree on the river bank while she was fishing. The one on top was very entertaining- I have a dozen photos with him in a different pose "just hanging" in each one. Then the mom came back to get them, and they wouldn't come down. the mom started climbing up after them and the top one climbed all the way to the top of the tree.

2141784540054813054S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by ma_in_ak
fixing photo

For those who are interested, I use http://tinypic.com for my uploads. It's really easy.

Open this program;

Browse your computer files for the picture you want to display.

Resize. There are 3 sizes that work well.

1) Message Board (640x480)

2) 15" Screen (800x600) I use this one

3) 17" Screen (1040x768)

Select Upload Now. A new screen will appear.

Under Share this Image

Copy "Image code for forums & message boards.

Paste code into the desired thread.

The next post will show the 3 sizes of pictures.

Garry

This is an example of "Message Board (640x480)

ivxob6.jpg

This is an example of 15" Screen (800x600)

e969us.jpg

And this is an example of 17" Screen (1024x768)

3007bdy.jpg

Now get busy and show us your pictures!:D :D

Garry