Statendam- Ft. Lauder/San Diego and back

fuzzyfl

Has anyone been on this ship lately? Is it up to the HAL standards since it's been refurbished?

Is there anyone doing this 28 day back to back Oct. 16?

We've been on lots of cruises, but none this long. Not sure if we want to try this.

All comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Has anyone been on this ship lately? Is it up to the HAL standards since it's been refurbished?

Is there anyone doing this 28 day back to back Oct. 16?

We've been on lots of cruises, but none this long. Not sure if we want to try this.

All comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've set up a roll call for Oct.16/09 but I don't think you've been on it. I can't remember because I'm getting old:D. I'm not doing the back to back because my employer doesn't encourage that behavior but there are a few people that are. Come join the roll call. Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957511

We are just off a 14 day Alaska cruise aboard Statendam. She is going into drydock in January so has not been refurbished yet. She is showing some wear but other than that--everything else is the typical HAL--excellent! She is kept in excellent condition and spotless! We had great food and excellent service and loved every minute on her!

We did that B2B in April and loved it .... even without any refurbishing!!! Would do it again if not seeking new horizons.

Susan

Hi Susan..Was your B2B on the Statendam from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego & return..

If so may I pick your brain with some questions..We will be on the B2B Nov 13 out of Fort Lauderdale

1) Are we correct in planning for 8 formal nights..

2) How early were you permitted off the ship in San Diego on your own..

3) Were you required to clear customs in San Diego & if so did you have to do it as a group..

4) Did you have to close out your account when you got into San Diego & did they give you new room Keys for the return portion...

5) Did you have the same Dining Room & Cabin Stewards & should we plan to give our Stewards the extra tips both the night before we get into San Diego & then again at the end of our cruise in Fort Lauderdale..

We're trying to plan our day in San Diego..Have plans to go to the Zoo & then come back into town for a late lunch in a Mexican Restaurant..

We appreciate your help..Thanks...

Betty

Archived