Thoughts on Airbed on Balcony

macmermaid

I'm going to have to do a separate post on how the window washing machines work. There's no way I'll sleep out on the balcony if a machine is going to come by in the middle of the night and soak me. I find it odd that the machine would clean balcony windows - when someone can easily walk out there and clean them. But I trust those of you with way more cruising experience than me!

I'm going to have to do a separate post on how the window washing machines work. There's no way I'll sleep out on the balcony if a machine is going to come by in the middle of the night and soak me. I find it odd that the machine would clean balcony windows - when someone can easily walk out there and clean them. But I trust those of you with way more cruising experience than me!

It is not actually the windows it is the clear railing area

Please, please get him to high-tail it to the sleep study.

My DH had such bad snoring that I moved out of our bedroom to the guest room. That was the only incentive for him to get the sleep study done. When he went to the sleep clinic, they actually came into his room half way through the night and said "good grief-- you are snoring to beat the band!!" and hooked him up to a CPAP machine. He felt he wasn't sleeping well so was a bit surprised, and he didn't think he was snoring at all. (trust me, they never heard the real deal.....)

Now he recognizes that he was dozing off behind the wheel, had so much less energy, etc. I'm just glad he never hurt anyone else (or himself) while driving.

Our health insurance (thank heavens!) pays for the machine. What a difference it has made!! We are back in the same bed (a good thing!) and I actually like the "white noise" his machine makes.

And a last comment- and I don't want to be a downer-- but my BIL of 47 years, very dear friend of 50 years passed away very suddenly a few months ago. He snored a LOT and my sister just kind of put up with it. She now realizes that he had a serious health problem and perhaps if she had pushed him a bit to get it taken care of-- well, he'd still be with us. He was scheduled for a sleep test and possible CPAP right before he passed away of a massive heart attack very suddenly at the age of 68. He was a retired policeman, a "tough guy" in many ways and maybe that's why he just wouldn't give in to a possible health issue. We'll never know, but we miss him every day.

I'm certainly not trying to scare you or say that is your situation. All I know is from my experience, and my wonderful sister, snoring is more than an inconvenience. As others have said, it can be a symptom of a health issue.

Enjoy your cruise-- every day with loved ones, no matter where you sleep, is precious.

Have you considered using Breath Right strips? Cheaper and less chance of a rude awakening by rain!:eek:

I do appreciate your suggestion....but, most of us who deal with "snoring" already know about the latest remedies. Hubby's snoring is not cured at all by "breath right strips".... been there done that. But, thanks anyway....you are to kind. LOL ;)

Good to know......I will probably deflate it or perhaps bring it in and store it under the bed in the day time....

That said, how would they know which balcony it flew off of? Hmm..maybe a good surveillance camera could point the finger in the right direction. ;)

Oh they would know ;)

Archived