Alcoholic Drink Suggestions

cantw82cruz23

I sail on the Destiny in two weeks and would like suggestions on some of the better drinks you've had on the boat. Margaritta's are my favorite but I'd also like to try some new drinks. also, while were talking about drinks is it true that a Bloody Mary helps a hangover??

Thanks!!

I sail on the Destiny in two weeks and would like suggestions on some of the better drinks you've had on the boat. Margaritta's are my favorite but I'd also like to try some new drinks. also, while were talking about drinks is it true that a Bloody Mary helps a hangover??

Thanks!!

Miami Vice is popular! A mix of strawberry daiquiri & pina colada yummm.

There is a night where Margarita's are the specialty and a variety of different kinds are offered. It's nice to have something other than a regular margarita!

Mythbusters will tell you only time will help a hangover. Of course many believe the bloody mary will help, others go for a mimosa or just a beer. Whatever works:eek:

I have a question to go with your drinks. Do you no if they have coolers on the ship? Or is it just wine and beer and then mixed drinks.? I leave to go on the destiny in 9 days im so excited im already half packed..

I hope you have a great cruise. sorry i can't help with the drink names, but im pretty sure you will get some good ideas off of here..

Another vote for "Kiss on the Lips".... it's my favorite drink too! It's mango, peach snapps and grenadine. I love it!

Also, another vote for Miami Vice! Yum!

I also like Blue Hawaiians, Woo Woo shots (I drink those at the disco LOL) I also like the flavored Margaritas and DOD called "Ultimate Suntan".... DOD are usually very good... but I HATE the "Funship Special" - it gives me a headache!

1. What is a "Whale Tail"? I've heard people mention it but not what it specifically is.

2. How much do the "Specialty Drinks" like a Kiss on the Lips usually go for onboard? Are there any good discounts or "preferred tricks" people know of, other than visiting the same bartender and tipping well? *grin*

3. Are the Drink Coupons you can purchase from the Bon Voyage area really worth it?

1. What is a "Whale Tail"? I've heard people mention it but not what it specifically is.

2. How much do the "Specialty Drinks" like a Kiss on the Lips usually go for onboard? Are there any good discounts or "preferred tricks" people know of, other than visiting the same bartender and tipping well? *grin*

3. Are the Drink Coupons you can purchase from the Bon Voyage area really worth it?

The only trick I know of is to order the drink of the day in a regular glass rather than the souvenir glass. This brings the cost down by 2-3 dollars.

The FunShip Special is a very potent punch type drink, that is available anytime during the cruise... Two or three of those in an afternoon really packs a Punch!

While the other fozen drinks are tasty, there is not much alcohol in it. Go with the FunShip Special, more Bang for the Buck:eek::D:cool:

A frozen Midori Sour. Midori Sours are my favorite, but Carnival is the only place I have been able to get it frozen. They are fabulous.

Ooohh....I discovered Midori Sours on my cruise last March, but I didn't know they could do them frozen. Now that's a good excuse to immediately book another cruise! :)

Thanks!!

I'm curious as to if the bartenders are limited on the styles of drinks they can serve? (Not to be confused with their abilities) Would it be too much to ask to have them make me a Hurricane or Sex on a Mexican Beach?

I'm curious as to if the bartenders are limited on the styles of drinks they can serve? (Not to be confused with their abilities) Would it be too much to ask to have them make me a Hurricane or Sex on a Mexican Beach?

They will try and make anything you ask for, although they may have to ask you whats in it.

They will try and make anything you ask for, although they may have to ask you whats in it.

....which is why I always have the recipe on me J.I.C.

I have had one too many mishaps where the bartender knew what I was asking for, but didn't recollect what went in it, so there for I got a "Bartender's special" (although I think of it as the Garbage bowl).

Archived