which boat or ship line

londonguy.1980

hi guys me and my wife have spoken to travel agents and read alot about p and o cruises but her family once went on qe2 and thought it a great time. we want to have the honeymoon we never had after our wedding because of work and she would like a med cruise next year anytime. so far we looked at p and o but we are interested in cunard ships as well. what is the difference and which is best. anyone out here been on other boats not just cunard. what about the one on sky the freedom ship it was called. any good. cunard better or p and o best. if i get this wrong she will kill me. any help i would be pleased. thanks guys. i done a lot of reading about p and o and been on p and o part of the cruise critic site asking the guys questions. great people over there very helpful.

hi guys me and my wife have spoken to travel agents and read alot about p and o cruises but her family once went on qe2 and thought it a great time. we want to have the honeymoon we never had after our wedding because of work and she would like a med cruise next year anytime. so far we looked at p and o but we are interested in cunard ships as well. what is the difference and which is best. anyone out here been on other boats not just cunard. what about the one on sky the freedom ship it was called. any good. cunard better or p and o best. if i get this wrong she will kill me. any help i would be pleased. thanks guys. i done a lot of reading about p and o and been on p and o part of the cruise critic site asking the guys questions. great people over there very helpful.

The questions that you ask are good but fairly impossible to answer. People choice of ships is normally very subjective. Personally I like Cunard as they are very formal but I think they are better suited to transatlantic voyages rather than cruising, I don't think that the pools are large enough to cater for the needs in warm/hot weather. P & O are excellent and their ships are designed for cruising with 2 or 3 pools and the accompanying seats and recliners. They are a little more relaxed and jackets are only required on the Black Tie evenings nowadays. There are other lines that have no dress requirement but I have no experience of them. I hope that this has helped you and good luck with your search.

When picking a cruiseline, it's all about lifestyle.

Find a cruiseline which offers a cruisestyle which best matches your own lifestyle.

Think of the types of hotels you frequent, the types of restaurants where you dine.

What other types of holidays have you taken in the past.

Are you looking for a more formal atmosphere or casual?

There is a cruiseline for everyone.....you just have to make the right match.

When picking a cruiseline, it's all about lifestyle.

Find a cruiseline which offers a cruisestyle which best matches your own lifestyle.

Think of the types of hotels you frequent, the types of restaurants where you dine.

What other types of holidays have you taken in the past.

Are you looking for a more formal atmosphere or casual?

There is a cruiseline for everyone.....you just have to make the right match.

Excellent post and great advice!

For ambience and food I would choose Cunard every time, but it is more formal and if you don't like dressing up on the frequent formal nights, then don't choose them. P&O are good too, but their standards are slipping IMO and I don't think the food is as good as a couple of years ago. Other lines you might like to look at are Royal Caribbean (not my cup of tea, but many love them), Princess and Celebrity.

The OP needs to have a discussion about the type of cruise experience he wants with a professional Travel Agent who specializes in cruises.

I believe the OP needs to accompany his wife to visit the TA, and let her do the talking. EM

Archived