Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie, you really are amazing. We should start paying you!!!:D

But we won't;) ... that would be insulting, right???:D

Actually Heather payment has been made over and over and over!! All of you being so positive and supporting of this project and sending photos, comments and GREAT IDEAS!

That is the only payment that is needed!!:)

I am at my computer all day long, at least now I have something worthwhile and helpful to do.:D

BTW, Sail7Seas gave me an idea in another thread, well actually, it was not her that posted it, but if she'd not started the thread... Thank you Sail7Seas!!!

I know that whenever someone mentions the various classes of ships; "S", "R" and "V" classes, I wonder what the exact meaning is. I know "S" is Signature and "V" is Vista, but what is "R" and why are they called Signature, Vista, etc.?

So my idea is to put a brief explanation on the Main Staterooms Page to explain for all of us that do not know, and those who will be coming to HAL for the first time....

Joanie

I know "S" is Signature and "V" is Vista, but what is "R" and why are they called Signature, Vista, etc.?

No, "S" is for "Statendam", the class of four smaller ships, and the first specifically designed for the new HAL.

"R" stands for "Rotterdam", the next larger class of medium size ships.

"Vista" and "Signature" are spelled out. Prinsendam, of course, stands alone.

I know that whenever someone mentions the various classes of ships; "S", "R" and "V" classes, I wonder what the exact meaning is. I know "S" is Signature and "V" is Vista, but what is "R" and why are they called Signature, Vista, etc.?

So my idea is to put a brief explanation on the Main Staterooms Page to explain for all of us that do not know, and those who will be coming to HAL for the first time....

There is already a Sticky devoted to explaining the various classes of HAL ships. Specific descriptions are nicely summarized here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6689792&postcount=1

No, "S" is for "Statendam", the class of four smaller ships, and the first specifically designed for the new HAL.

Got them RuthC, Thank You!! And have the classes up by name, description and ship in each class on the page along with contributed by you and Copper10-8:) My deepest thanks to the 2 of you for your assistance in this!! And my apologies to the title of my reply last night in the other thread... DUH, medications had kicked in big time!! And as hubby tells me, when that happens I get really loopy:eek: As is obvious from how I wrote it:eek:

Joanie

Joanie,

I have just gone into the website and I think you have a couple of ships in the wrong class. You have listed the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam under "S" class when they are in another class called Signature. They are both far too big to be in my favourite "S" class.

Sorry to be so picky but you may as well have them correctly listed.

Jennie

Joanie,

I have just gone into the website and I think you have a couple of ships in the wrong class. You have listed the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam under "S" class when they are in another class called Signature. They are both far too big to be in my favourite "S" class.

Sorry to be so picky but you may as well have them correctly listed.

Jennie

Thanks Jennie, but I got the info from 4 sources. All very very reliable:) The first being from The Man himself Doug Newman and his sticky thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=350993 and RuthC and GmaPajama with Copper10-8 agreeing. Believe me, I worried about getting any of them wrong! The Signature Class ships will be larger than the Vista class and have yet to built. The current "S" class is the Statendam Class.

Thank you though for pointing it out. EVERY possible mistake I need to know about so this can be as accurate as I can get it!!

PLEASE keep looking for mistakes!!:)

Joanie,

This what Ruth has written. There are only four ships in S class and they are the Ryndam, Statendam, Maasdam and Veendam. They are the smaller ships of around 1296 passengers.

The Signature ships are the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam. The R ships are as you have them and the Vistas are the four that hold around 1916 passengers.

Jennie

Joanie,

I have just gone back into Doug Newman's thread which was written back in 2006 before the 2 new ships were built and here is what he says:

S-class

STATENDAM - 1993 - 55,810 GT - 1,251 pax

MAASDAM - 1993 - 55,451 GT - 1,251 pax

RYNDAM - 1994 - 55,819 GT - 1,251 pax

VEENDAM - 1996 - 55,451 GT - 1,251 pax

R-class

ROTTERDAM - 1997 - 59,652 GT - 1,316 pax

VOLENDAM - 1998 - 60,906 GT - 1,440 pax

ZAANDAM - 1999 - 61,396 GT - 1,440 pax

AMSTERDAM - 2000 - 61,484 GT - 1,380 pax

Vista-class

ZUIDERDAM - 2002 - 81,769 GT - 1,848 pax

OOSTERDAM - 2003 - 81,769 GT - 1,848 pax

WESTERDAM - 2004 - 81,811 GT - 1,848 pax

NOORDAM - 2006 - 82,318 GT - 1,918 pax

Signature-class

This will be two (or more) ships which will be larger, improved versions of the Vista-class, much as the R-class can be considered improved versions of the S-class. Right now there are few details but they will probably be about 90,000 GT with a passenger capacity of about 2,000.

Since then the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have been built and they are part of the Signature Class.

Jennie

Joanie,

This what Ruth has written. There are only four ships in S class and they are the Ryndam, Statendam, Maasdam and Veendam. They are the smaller ships of around 1296 passengers.

The Signature ships are the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam. The R ships are as you have them and the Vistas are the four that hold around 1916 passengers.

Jennie

Ok, trying to understand... Signature class. Eurodam (and soon) Nieuw Amsterdam This Eurodam is a new Eurodam??? I think this is what is causing the confusion... I can understand the Nieuw Amsterdam being in the Signature Class, but I was told that I had the Eurodam incorrect so moved it... LOL I am so confused:)

DUH forget I said the confused part!!! I just went and looked at the Gross Tonnage info on the page and it has ALL the ships listed by their correct class. SO I will change the 2 ships to Signature Class!

I may be dense Jennie, but I know when to concede:D THANK YOU for making me see the light:)

Joanie

Joanie,

You are doing such a great job, I just wanted you to have the ships correctly listed in their various classes.

I love HAL and the smaller ships and know them quite well so I knew that the two larger ships should not have come under their umbrella.

Jennie

Joanie,

You are doing such a great job, I just wanted you to have the ships correctly listed in their various classes.

I love HAL and the smaller ships and know them quite well so I knew that the two larger ships should not have come under their umbrella.

Jennie

It is NOT a problem Jennie!! I want to have them correct also! Remember this is by CC'rs for CC'rs and it had better be correct:D

I have the changes made and already up. Thanks for being patient with this old Yank:D:D

This Eurodam is a new Eurodam???

The Eurodam, which first sailed with paying passengers on July 2, 2008, is the very first HAL ship to have that name.

It is "a new Eurodam" only in the sense that it's only a little over a year old. There is no "old Eurodam".

Joanie; great job! Keep up the good work!

Just a heads up; You've got "These are the biggest and newest HAL ships currently in service" listed under the Vistas but that's not correct info. The Eurodam, and from next July, the Nieuw Amsterdam, is (NA will be) the "biggest and newest HAL ship(s) currently in service"

Eurodam is a "Signature" class vessel which, in itself, is an improved "Vista" class if that makes sense.

Prinsendam is known with HAL as "the elegant explorer". She was born in 1988 as Royal Viking Sun for Royal Viking Line. HAL obtained her in 2002 via an internal transfer with Seabourn Cruise Line.

Lastly, the four Dutch names for the Vistas (Zuid, Oost, Noord and West) are the four directions of the compass

See ya!

Joanie; great job! Keep up the good work!

Just a heads up; You've got "These are the biggest and newest HAL ships currently in service" listed under the Vistas but that's not correct info. The Eurodam, and from next July, the Nieuw Amsterdam, is (NA will be) the "biggest and newest HAL ship(s) currently in service"

Eurodam is a "Signature" class vessel which, in itself, is an improved "Vista" class if that makes sense.

Prinsendam is known with HAL as "the elegant explorer". She was born in 1988 as Royal Viking Sun for Royal Viking Line. HAL obtained her in 2002 via an internal transfer with Seabourn Cruise Line.

Lastly, the four Dutch names for the Vistas (Zuid, Oost, Noord and West) are the four directions of the compass

See ya!

Got em all and just updated and uploaded the changes. Thank You!!!

Joanie

The Eurodam, which first sailed with paying passengers on July 2, 2008, is the very first HAL ship to have that name.

It is "a new Eurodam" only in the sense that it's only a little over a year old. There is no "old Eurodam".

Now See RuthC, this is exactly why I need all the CC'rs help!! I as a newbie, was under the misunderstanding that there was an older Eurodam... See I am learning!! And it is because we are all working together. I LOVE IT!!

Thank you so much for bearing with me!:D You are all angels, and I am so serious on that!

Joanie

I took my mother on the Noordam a few years ago and we stayed in SA7086. There are pictures here http://sakedad.smugmug.com/Travel/Alaska-Cruise-HAL-Noordam-May/2911393_tPEQr#P-9-12 which you can right click on and save and put on your site. Each picture has a description. ALSO...we did a cabin crawl and I toured several cabin types and they are there along with the cabin #.

In addition I worked on the Eurodam when she did the innaugural cruise. There are some pics of her here http://sakedad.smugmug.com/Travel/HAL-Eurodam-Inaugral-2008/5210397_BTryd#341971687_XM3un but not really any good cabin pics as I wasn't a passenger.

Good luck with the site.

I took my mother on the Noordam a few years ago and we stayed in SA7086. There are pictures here http://sakedad.smugmug.com/Travel/Alaska-Cruise-HAL-Noordam-May/2911393_tPEQr#P-9-12 which you can right click on and save and put on your site. Each picture has a description. ALSO...we did a cabin crawl and I toured several cabin types and they are there along with the cabin #.

In addition I worked on the Eurodam when she did the innaugural cruise. There are some pics of her here http://sakedad.smugmug.com/Travel/HAL-Eurodam-Inaugral-2008/5210397_BTryd#341971687_XM3un but not really any good cabin pics as I wasn't a passenger.

Good luck with the site.

THANK YOU SakeDad!!! I am on my way right now to start grabbing!!

Joanie

Good luck with the site.

THANK YOU SakeDad!!! I am on my way right now to start grabbing!! Got quite a few grabbed, saved and noted, will put them up in the morning. Thank You SakeDad!! These are wonderful!!

Joanie

Just have to say that I've been watching Joanie's site develop a little at a time. Went back today and saw pictures of the cabin we've booked on our next cruise.....and I mean the exact same cabin. Wow! Even more than a year out that really raised the excitement factor, at least for today! Thanks!

Hi Joanie,

I just sent you some photos from my Eurodam cruise. :D I think the files might be kinda big, so let me know if they don't come through.

Thanks for doing this!

Benji817, I will get to them immediately!! Thank You!!! I got caught up reading COLLIEBERRY's story over on Floataway Lounge, and forgot to check my email...

Size of phot0s will be fine. I have a graphics program and re-size them anyway.

Randyk47 I am thankful that I was able to make your day. We have SakeDad to thank as he sent me the links to his photos last night and I was able to grab them from there.

Joanie