Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Are you clicking on this URL?: http://abqreunion2008.com/ or on this one?: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

I ask because I am able to get to all the ship's pages on Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on both of my computers.

If others could see if they have a problem, I'd really appreciate it as it could be coming up in mine because it is in a hidden cache or ...... Otherwise I will have to wait until we get back from Dinner tonight and have hubby check the links on his computers.

Joanie

I'm using the first link. I am using both Safari and Tapatalk and they have both worked in the past... Even when you changed from the original link.

I'm using the first link. I am using both Safari and Tapatalk and they have both worked in the past... Even when you changed from the original link.

I'll have to wait until after dinner tonight to have hubby try with his computers.

I have no idea what is happening to you and or why............ I've done absolutely nothing to the site for a few days....

Joanie

I can get to the home page, then the individual ship page (specifically Amsterdam) but any attempt to look at specific cabins or decks gives me "404-page not found". I can return to the home page from here but cannot access any cabin info. Thanks.

I can get to the home page, then the individual ship page (specifically Amsterdam) but any attempt to look at specific cabins or decks gives me "404-page not found". I can return to the home page from here but cannot access any cabin info. Thanks.

That's the same error I found through either a mobile device or through tapatalk. Just open it in full site mode. It should work fine.

Hi,

It's my first time with HAL. I will do the MS Eurodam in the next december (2012) from Fort Lauderdale.

I already cruised with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Costa, NCL, Princess, MSC and Cunard, most times in Varandah Staterooms.

At this time, I choose to travel in a oceanview stateroom (G category located on deck 6), somoane have photos to share with me?

Thanks a lot,

Seven Seas

Hi,

It's my first time with HAL. I will do the MS Eurodam in the next december (2012) from Fort Lauderdale.

I already cruised with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Costa, NCL, Princess, MSC and Cunard, most times in Varandah Staterooms.

At this time, I choose to travel in a oceanview stateroom (G category located on deck 6), somoane have photos to share with me?

Thanks a lot,

Seven Seas

Hi Seven Seas / Sete Mares !!

First off Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

Now onto your questions:)

Actually, the Eurodam does not have Ocean View Statrooms, Category G on Deck 6.

The Category G staterooms are on Deck 4 - The Promenade Deck - G Staterooms on this deck are located midship, between the "Bend" in the ship.

I have photos of G 4054 on Eurodam about 1/2 way down the page on this URL (click on each photo to see it full sized): http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-4.html

I also have photos from at least 5 different G Category staterooms on her sister ship, Nieuw Amsterdam which you can see here (only difference should be the furnishings) again, about 1/2 the way down the page : http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-4.html

Hope these help.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanine,

The link of your website is now on my "favorite" section! :)

Very good information with many report compilations.

Sincerely, I expected a room a little more modern style, considering the 2011 refurb, but ok the room is nice.

I like the windows style, not like the circle windows on lower decks. I like too the bathroom, it's unusuall to see bath instead of shower cabins on these categories of staterooms.

Best regards,

Seven Seas

• 1 month later...

Joanie thank you for keeping the stateroom site going. It has been a few years since DH and I have been on a cruise. Working on getting DD though college. Looks like we will be able to take our next cruise in the fall of 2013. I am currently pouring though the photos trying to decide which ship we want to try. Thanks to you I have something to look at. Keep up the good work!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stay away from Noordam Cabin 1083 on the main deck. We had an oceanview guarantee and got this cabin for ten days in December. The smell of sewage every day was awful, and every morning around 7 we were awakened by shaking and rumbling noises for a half hour. We complained every day and the staff was friendly and apologetic, but said they were full. We were finally re-assigned to Deck 4 for the second 10 days of our back-to-back. We love cruising and are not complainers, but Cabin 1083 was intolerable. We wonder if someone else got that cabin after we left.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw that someone back about 20 pages asked about an HH stateroom on the Zaandam. I was hoping that someone had sent you one since then. We like the lower prom. deck and wondered about the obstructed view. Probibly just a wall on the ship on the other side of the walkway but curious since even HAL phone conversations say it might be a life boat or they just don't seem to know. Any pictues would be great.

I have room HH3313 booked for Zaandam's first Alaskan trip this May and I will be sending my photos to Joanie for sure! Plus connecting room DD3311 next door and a couple K interiors my friends have booked. The photos that were listed for equivalent rooms (on the sister ships) really helped with my planning so I'd love to contribute!

• 2 weeks later...
Does someone have a picture of the lanai cabins on the Maasdam and could give me information on them. Thanks

Photos and comments on a couple of the Lanai Staterooms located on Deck 6, Lower Promenade Deck of Maasdam are here (About 1/2 way down the page): http://abqreunion2008.com/Maasdam/Deck-6.html

Joanie

This is an FYI for all of you who use my "DAM" Ships and their Staterooms Cabins Pages for Photos and other info about the HAL Ships.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING STATEROOM CATEGORIES!!!

Starting in April and going through May, HAL is renaming some of the stateroom/cabin Categories.

So Don't Be Surprised When You Find Your Favorite Stateroom/Cabin Number is a New Category.

I will be updating all of the HAL Ship Pages as fast as I can, but for now, please pay attention to the listing NEW Category listing when referencing the stateroom/cabin that you are looking for/at. This is going to take some time, so I ask for your patience and understanding as I make the necessary changes to well over 900 pages

The Pinnacle Suite (PS) was formally called the Penthouse Suite

The Neptune Suites (S, SA, SB and SC) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Suites.

The Neptune Spa Suites (SQ) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Spa Suites.

The Signature Suites (SS, SY and SZ) were formally called the Superior Verandah Suites.

The Vista Suites (A, B, BA, BB and BC) were formally called the Verandah Suites.

The Vista Spa Suite (BQ) was formally called the Verandah Spa Suite.

Verndah (V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Oceanview.

Verandah Spa (VQ) was formally called the Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Spa.

No change in name for these cabin categories: C,CA,CQ, D, DD, E, F, G, GG, H, HH, I, IA, J, K, L, M, MM, N.

Interior and Ocean View categories

HAL is making LOTS of Changes, as of Late this afternoon (28 February 2013) for sailings in 2014 many of the Interior and Ocean View categories have changed. For instances the category K Interiors on Main Deck of the Amsterdam are now all category J for 2014 and the category L cabins are now category K. As of right now it appears the changes are only for S and R Class ships but I would be willing to bet within the next few days we will also see changes for the Vistas and Signature Class.

New Changes to the Stateroom Categories are compliments of Cruise Critic Members: Krazy Kruizers and LAFFNVEGAS

http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Joanie,

I have booked cabins on HAL ships as a result of your pictures and have been very pleased! Thanks. Ps wraparound decks (Neptune Suites)totally Rock!

Cheers

Rockit, Glad to hear it and could not agree more (as if I have not said it a million times already) those Aft Wrap Neptune Suites are the real Penthouses :) IMO I am glad that you liked them:)

Joanie

• 4 weeks later...
Joanie, I just emailed you some pics from room 8026 on the Eurodam. It's one of the handicapped deluxe verandahs. It's one of the few rooms with the angled and bigger verandahs. It was awesome. Hope the pics help!

Thank you so much. Will check email in the morning as there is a NASCAR race on right now:)

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joanie,

I was on the Eurodam for a 10 days cruise in the Mediterranean out/to Civitavecchia in Apr. 19, 2013. I had for my first time a partial ocean view stateroom cat. G 4079. I really enjoyed the location, very close to the elevators and to the ocean bar :). Very quite: there is a service door just in front the cabin GG4081 but I couldn’t hear any noise from there. Great service from May and Rudy. I will book again for all my future cruise on these class of ships. Those are the photos for your very useful site.

The cabin:

35053io.jpg

2ljkqap.jpg

20cgx.jpg

2dqj403.jpg