Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

You are a whiz, girlfriend!!! We left on vacation last Sat. morning, checked Cruise Critic and your website before we left - came home today, checked your website and it is AMAZING how many more photos you've added, and all that other specific ship info, classifications, etc. WOW!!! Good job! Thanx for all your hard work! Still don't see "MY" cabin (7056) for next May 31st sailing on the Amsterdam, back to Alaska - yes! But I'll keep looking! You are the best!:D

Lynda

Joanie,

You are a whiz, girlfriend!!! We left on vacation last Sat. morning, checked Cruise Critic and your website before we left - came home today, checked your website and it is AMAZING how many more photos you've added, and all that other specific ship info, classifications, etc. WOW!!! Good job! Thanx for all your hard work! Still don't see "MY" cabin (7056) for next May 31st sailing on the Amsterdam, back to Alaska - yes! But I'll keep looking! You are the best!:D

Lynda

Thank You Lynda:) I be working at it. So do I get any photos of your cabin you were just in??? LOL, got to get my photo requests in wherever I can;):)

Since I'm technically challenged, I'll see if DH can (pretty please!) download our photos from our past two Alaskan cruises, both on the Oosterdam - verandah's - one on deck 7 and one on deck 5. I'm certain we have photos of both, and I'll dig out the cabin numbers, etc. as well. Much preferred the cabin on deck 7 - larger verandah and loved being that much closer to the Lido. Will see what I can do for ya! Stay tuned....

Since I'm technically challenged, I'll see if DH can (pretty please!) download our photos from our past two Alaskan cruises, both on the Oosterdam - verandah's - one on deck 7 and one on deck 5. I'm certain we have photos of both, and I'll dig out the cabin numbers, etc. as well. Much preferred the cabin on deck 7 - larger verandah and loved being that much closer to the Lido. Will see what I can do for ya! Stay tuned....

I'll be staying tuned:D Don't forget the goods and bads both of all of the cabins.

Right now I am going to stay tuned to the TV for the Indy Car race LIVE from Twin Ring Motegi in Japan:D

Joanie, you are doing a great service for us all

I just checked yesterday and couldn't believe the additions in the last week

thanks again!

cruzisme Thank You! I'd have even more if my server was back up this morning:mad: It has been down for about 2 hours now and I am getting upset. I know they have to do maintenance, but geeze on a Saturday.....

AS soon as it comes back up I will have more for the Zaandam.

Joanie

• Administrators

Joanie, I have many photos of the Volendam, including one of the "inside/outside" cat I cabins, at this link -- http://picasaweb.google.com/michellp08/Alaska2008CruiseOnHollandAmericaSVolendam#

Hope you find something you can use -- I can upload someplace else if needed.

Joanie, I have many photos of the Volendam, including one of the "inside/outside" cat I cabins, at this link -- http://picasaweb.google.com/michellp08/Alaska2008CruiseOnHollandAmericaSVolendam#

Hope you find something you can use -- I can upload someplace else if needed.

Thank You MichellP!!! I will go there and download as soon as I finish defragging my hard drives. Still have about 45 minutes before it is finished.

My site is still down, I've tried contacting the Server's main tech number, but no answer to either phone or emails. So hopefully, I will be able to get them uploaded no later than tomorrow.

Can you send me via email your thoughts of the cabin, good and bad?? irl_joanie@yahoo.com

Joanie, I think what you are doing is really nice of you. I just tried to send you some pictures of my veranda stateroom on the Rotterdam via Picasa, but it would not send to irl joanie@yahoo.com I tried twice, and then put it in as irljoanie@yahoo.com and it took it. Don't know if you will receive it or not. You can let me know.

Lindy

Joanie, I think what you are doing is really nice of you. I just tried to send you some pictures of my veranda stateroom on the Rotterdam via Picasa, but it would not send to irl joanie@yahoo.com I tried twice, and then put it in as irljoanie@yahoo.com and it took it. Don't know if you will receive it or not. You can let me know.

Lindy

My email is irl_joanie@yahoo.com you can click on the name and it will automatically open an email for you. I just checked and have no mail/

I thank you in advance!!:D

Joanie

I am sorry all, my server is still down. I have left electronic and telephone messages for Tech Support both yesterday and today.

PLEASE Bear wiith me.

During this down time I am making good use of the time and adding additional info to each ships' page to make things even easier for you all.

Me thinks, I will be setting up a back up server with a different company.... TopCities.com is owned by GoDaddy.com so I will NOT be going with either of them, obviously.

Again, I am sorry.

Joanie

We've had our personal website on Geocities for years. I think it's changed over to Yahoo but we still maintain it through a Geocities address. Initially we went with the free service but eventually we got so much on the site that we had to go with a paid version. We've been very happy with the dependability. We've been kind of busy and haven't updated it recently but it still works! :) http://www.geocities.com/theklugspage/

We've had our personal website on Geocities for years. I think it's changed over to Yahoo but we still maintain it through a Geocities address. Initially we went with the free service but eventually we got so much on the site that we had to go with a paid version. We've been very happy with the dependability. We've been kind of busy and haven't updated it recently but it still works! :) http://www.geocities.com/theklugspage/

I just went there and discovered that Geocities is closing their doors on 26 October 2009!! So you might want to go and grab your stuff and move it....

http://geocities.yahoo.com/

My sites are back up and running!!

Joanie

We'd gotten a notice about switching over and my wife is actually taking care of that as I type. Hopefully it'll be painless! :) She's the webmaster of the house and I just give her pictures and some text.

I do not envy your wife. It can be a pain to switch!!

I am researching a good place to put a back up of the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Site. My server gets maintenance once a year, but when they do it, it works for a couple hours , they go home for the weekend and then it crashes... So unless someone actually comes in unexpectedly....

It came up for about an hour this morning, and then went out again.

Any suggestions anyone?? Keep in mind it is on topcities.com now, which is owned by GoDaddy.com so I do not want them for the back up. Geocities.com is closing their doors, literally on 26 October 2009, so they are not an option...

Joanie

OK got tired of waiting for the Server people to get back to me so I created a new Back up site, which I will add to my signature after posting this message.

You can now go to the Back Up HAL Staterooms/Cabins Pages at: http://abqreunion2008.com/ I had forgotten this site that I'd created for a reunion in 2008 so now it is put to good use for us.

I have posted new photos for Several ships and also added Cabin information for each ship to include cabins for each deck and their descriptions.

Joanie

Poor wife spent a number of hours working on our website yesterday. Probably all off line, I don't think she's posted it yet. While she was doing that I researched potentially switching our host. We're actually thinking about getting our own domain name. There are a couple of domain available that we like and the monthly charge.....we put too much stuff on our web page to go with one of the "free" ones....is the same or less than what Geocities, now AT&T Yahoo, are charging us. Our website is built on DreamWeaver so it's relatively easy to load to a DreamWeaver capable hosting service.

Poor wife spent a number of hours working on our website yesterday. Probably all off line, I don't think she's posted it yet. While she was doing that I researched potentially switching our host. We're actually thinking about getting our own domain name. There are a couple of domain available that we like and the monthly charge.....we put too much stuff on our web page to go with one of the "free" ones....is the same or less than what Geocities, now AT&T Yahoo, are charging us. Our website is built on DreamWeaver so it's relatively easy to load to a DreamWeaver capable hosting service.

Good Monday Morning!! And yes it is a good morning today! To awaken and find the sites are back up and working, and therefore, I was able to upload all the updates!!

I still have to make the new Stateroom/Cabin info for the Westerdam, Zaandam and Zuiderdam as I've already done for the other ships. That will only take a couple of hours, so I'll update those later today.

I've uploaded new photos on both the main and back up site for Oosterdam, Ryndam, and Volendam.

I know the pain your wife is going through. Man it is hard to find a good server that you can trust.

I do have to thank RICHWMN who has graciously offered to allow me to post the site on his server. I may take him up on it, if I have any more problems.

Joanie

Good Morning everyone!

I am seriously lacking any Stateroom and/or Verandah

photos from the following ships:

Statendam

Zuiderdam

I also need more photos of all the other ships, specifically being asked for are

Maasdam

Veendam

Westerdam

Eurodam

Ryndam

Rotterdam

Prinsendam

and the other ships as well, but the ones above are the most requested

Is it possible for all of you that have sailed on these

ships to either send me your photos or a link to go and

grab them so I can place them on the HAL

Staterooms/Cabins Photos Page(s)

Main site: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Back Up site: http://abqreunion2008.com/

Send your HAL Stateroom/Cabin photos and/or links to

irl_joanie@yahoo.com Place Cruise Critic Photos in the

Subject Line In the body of the email give a description

of the stateroom, stateroom number, category, why you liked it, hated it, good points, drawbacks, etc., and your Cruise Critic Name. Also let me know if you wish the faces to be blotted out.

Thanks so much in advance

Joanie

Lindy

Good Morning Lindy!! Were you ever able to resend those photos to my correct email adress?? If not try sending them to either click on this one irl_joanie@yahoo.com or click on this one irllinda@aol.com Either one will get them to me.

Joanie