Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Marilyn,

We booked a BA level. They call them verandah "suites" on the

Maasdam but they are really balcony rooms. The real suites are the

SA level (and, of course, the penthouse). If you go to roll calls and

click on Holland America and then on Maasdam you'll see a sizable

roll call of planners and plotters for July's cruise. Some are going 18

days, some 17 but most of us are going for the full 35 days.

Hope this helps. We've seen changes in price on some trips but never

have seen a price drop like this one. If you need more convincing to

come let me know.

Margaret

I know John, I thought of those things before I posted:) But I can get it started and keep it updated as people send the stuff in. I can post the goods and the bads for those cabins, such as ok here is Westerdam Stateroom/Cabin #A-123, as you can see, it is a great room with an obstructed view, but ... and so on and so on.

As people do their cruises, they can send me the photos and I can update the site with new stuff. That would take care of after retrofitting, refurbishments etc...

Hey, look at it this way, as long as I am doing it, I will be able to continue to live vicariously through the eyes of other cruisers more fortunate than I for taking all the ships I wanna take, but cannot:D And at the same time, I can help other CC'rs:)

I think it's a nice idea and if you enjoy the project...go for it. I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

You have a great attitude. I sometimes start projects just to keep me busy with a goal in mind and I know you'll feel the satisfaction as you're doing it.

Enjoy, and have fun!

BTW, did you happen to get to cabin 7060 on the Westerdam?? :o

I think it's a nice idea and if you enjoy the project...go for it. I'm sure many people will appreciate it.

You have a great attitude. I sometimes start projects just to keep me busy with a goal in mind and I know you'll feel the satisfaction as you're doing it.

Enjoy, and have fun!

BTW, did you happen to get to cabin 7060 on the Westerdam?? :o

Thank You!!

Unfortunately no 7060 yet. BUT it would be exactly the same as SA 7053 and as ours was SA 7076 Deluxe Verandah Suite Deck 7 Rotterdam Deck Here are all I have for the Westerdam at the momemnt: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/index.html

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hey Joanie,

Just wanted to say thanks again for going to all this trouble, and putting together such a great place for us HAL folks to go and look at various ships, cabins, and now recipes!!! Wow! You done good, girl!! Keep up the good work! You're the best!:p

Thank You so much. I appreciate the comments very much. At times I get taken down a notch in confidence, but comments like yours are definitely the upper I need!!:)

Joanie

Joanie, many thanks for all the work that you and other CCers have done setting up this website with all the photos of cabins.

I'm considering a March western Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam, and thought I would see if I could find out about the different cabins, with real photos not HAL PR, to see what is worth the price and what isn't. I found your site - it's great! Even if you don't have every cabin (yet) I can still get a very good idea.

If I sign up for the cruise, I'll be sure and get cabin photos for you.

And BTW, please don't lose your confidence because of a few naysayers. A critic of property rights infringement who can't even spell "copyright" correctly would not appear to have much standing from which to launch valid criticism.

Thanks again for your work - it's much appreciated!

PS - I do carry a tape measure with me everywhere, so I'll even get the specific dimensions.

Edited by doctork
add information

Joanie, many thanks for all the work that you and other CCers have done setting up this website with all the photos of cabins.

I'm considering a March western Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam, and thought I would see if I could find out about the different cabins, with real photos not HAL PR, to see what is worth the price and what isn't. I found your site - it's great! Even if you don't have every cabin (yet) I can still get a very good idea.

If I sign up for the cruise, I'll be sure and get cabin photos for you.

And BTW, please don't lose your confidence because of a few naysayers. A critic of property rights infringement who can't even spell "copyright" correctly would not appear to have much standing from which to launch valid criticism.

Thanks again for your work - it's much appreciated!

PS - I do carry a tape measure with me everywhere, so I'll even get the specific dimensions.

Thank You doctork!!

The Ryndam photos, which I'm sure you've already seen, are at: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

I'm not letting anything or anyone get me down. So no worried there:)

I will try to wait patiently for your photos and measurements:)

Joanie

When my husband and I booked our upcoming cruise, our TA called HAL to find out about available inside cabins. HAL told her the square footage of several individual cabins, and we used that info to help make our decision. We also emailed HAL, and Ship Services promptly confirmed the size, as well as provided answers to other questions.

My TA did too. (I was mostly interested in how big the balcony was & they only give total generic room size incl balcony) Ship Services asked which room and gave him the exact dimensions.

Zuiderdam

SY6115 = room 21.6' x 13.6'. balcony 6.5' deep. 294 sqft + 87 sqft

VA6114 (I think that #) = 21.5' x 8.5'. balcony 5.5' deep. 174 sqft + 45.8 sqft.

My TA did too. (I was mostly interested in how big the balcony was & they only give total generic room size incl balcony) Ship Services asked which room and gave him the exact dimensions.

Zuiderdam

SY6115 = room 21.6' x 13.6'. balcony 6.5' deep. 294 sqft + 87 sqft

VA6114 (I think that #) = 21.5' x 8.5'. balcony 5.5' deep. 174 sqft + 45.8 sqft.

Thank you so much for the info!! I've just added it to the pages under the Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck and have it as:

VB 6114 Deluxe Verandah Outside Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

SIZE INFORMATION ONLY = Stateroom 21.5' x 8.5'. Verandah 5.5' deep. 174 sq ft + 45.8 sq ft.

Cruise Critic Member: VermeulT

SY 6115 Superior Verandah Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

SIZE INFORMATION ONLY = Stateroom 21.6' x 13.6'. Verandah 6.5' deep. 294 sq ft + 87 sq ft

Cruise Critic Member: VermeulT

Joanie

I think this is a terrific project and here's why, from a personal standpoint:

I've been on a number of Holland America ships and it's easy to imagine what my cabin will look like, based on past experience, except that this trip, on the Veendam, I've been assigned C390, which is a handicapped cabin. It's a sister cabin to C389, but it looks like all the pairs of handicapped cabins have different configuration and sizes. This one looks almost L shaped, and I don't know what the white space on the deck plan means. I must admit I'm really curious about the layout, square footage, whether the bed is under the window or against the wall, where the bathroom is, etc. If anyone knows anything about this cabin, I'll love to hear about it. In the meantime, after I'm on the ship I'll take pictures and submit them to you.

I think this is a terrific project and here's why, from a personal standpoint:

I've been on a number of Holland America ships and it's easy to imagine what my cabin will look like, based on past experience, except that this trip, on the Veendam, I've been assigned C390, which is a handicapped cabin. It's a sister cabin to C389, but it looks like all the pairs of handicapped cabins have different configuration and sizes. This one looks almost L shaped, and I don't know what the white space on the deck plan means. I must admit I'm really curious about the layout, square footage, whether the bed is under the window or against the wall, where the bathroom is, etc. If anyone knows anything about this cabin, I'll love to hear about it. In the meantime, after I'm on the ship I'll take pictures and submit them to you.

I wish I could show you the photos of that specific Large Ocean View Stateroom, but I do not have any for it. I have had another request for that specific stateroom from another CC member and all I can do is try to show similar staterooms and from what I can glean from looking at the Deck Plans and using HAL's photos.

This photo from jtl513 of Stateroom FF 712 Deck 4 appears to be very very similar to C 390 Deck 6. Like I said similar. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Veendam-FF712.JPG

The white space appears to be a walkway between the the staterooms from Port to Starboard.

On a Sister ship, Ryndam, there are more photos of another Stateroom that appear to be similar in layout they are D 411 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck and are at:: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

Wish I could give you more in depth info but....

I will be anxiously awaiting your photos to add to the pages.

And you are so right, this is exactly one of the reasons I started the project!! And it is fellow CC members who make it happen!!

Joanie

OK all the info should be correct except I gave you 320 not 390.. sorry...

For 390 looks like it might be a storeroom/electrical/elevator room(unlikely) or just might be a crew member's room. But the walkway is still there from Port to starboard.

Sorry for that

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

See, that's what has me confused/intrigued--the way the cabin is L shaped, and that blank white square with a space/hallway between the square and the cabin wall. Those two cabins are the pretty much the only non-rectangular staterooms on the ship and I just can't imagine how the layout is or where the bathroom (which must be bigger than normal) would be situated. Good think embarkation is coming up soon, as this is driving me crazy!

See, that's what has me confused/intrigued--the way the cabin is L shaped, and that blank white square with a space/hallway between the square and the cabin wall. Those two cabins are the pretty much the only non-rectangular staterooms on the ship and I just can't imagine how the layout is or where the bathroom (which must be bigger than normal) would be situated. Good think embarkation is coming up soon, as this is driving me crazy!

I can understand and am very curious also. Cannot wait to see the answers:)

Joanie

Just received cabin assignment...had gtd HH (totally obstructed outside) and got Cabin 502 on Main Deck....Does anyone know anything about this outside, partial seaview with port holes not windows. Cabin has shower only (thats fine) but it looks really small...especially since we are 2 girls and will definitely want the beds separated....also we are onboard for 28 days!!

Just received cabin assignment...had gtd HH (totally obstructed outside) and got Cabin 502 on Main Deck....Does anyone know anything about this outside, partial seaview with port holes not windows. Cabin has shower only (thats fine) but it looks really small...especially since we are 2 girls and will definitely want the beds separated....also we are onboard for 28 days!!

Hi Mayadot, I can only show you what HAL has a photo of a general H Stateroom with description. Wish I could do better, but no photos yet.

Photo http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/Maasdam_Large-Ocean-View-Stateroom.jpg and description, which I am sure you've already read is on the photo. 2 Lower beds. In the sitting room, which has a curtain for additional privacy, 1 Love Seat style sofa, adjustable height coffee table (adjust it higher for dining, chair, built in desk....and it is approximately 197 sq feet. It has a porthole instead of a window and of course the shower which has a small step to get into it.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hey all,

In my continuous effort to try and make the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Sites more user friendly I've made changes to the layout of the Ship's pages (still have to do Veendam, Volendam and Zaandam, hope to get them finished by tomorrow.)

Can you all go and tell me what you think and if there are changes or additions I should make??

HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Back Up HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Looks great Joanie! Very easy to understand and to navigate. Wish someone would post photos of "my" cabin on the Amsterstam - 7056 - though I'll content myself with the great shots someone contributed of its 'sister' cabin 7086 on the Volendam! Thanx again for doing this - its a great thing for all of us HAL sailors. I just like looking at the different categories- some I'll never get to experience for myself, I'm sure - those wonderful suites! But hey, I can dream!;)

Looks great Joanie! Very easy to understand and to navigate. Wish someone would post photos of "my" cabin on the Amsterstam - 7056 - though I'll content myself with the great shots someone contributed of its 'sister' cabin 7086 on the Volendam! Thanx again for doing this - its a great thing for all of us HAL sailors. I just like looking at the different categories- some I'll never get to experience for myself, I'm sure - those wonderful suites! But hey, I can dream!;)

Good, I was trying for ease and finding everything on one page.

I wish someone would send me photos of your ship also Assateague Island Princes;)

Dream !! Dream !! It can and did happen to us this past May!!! We were in a Guarantee VF, got upgraded 1 month before sail date to VA or VD and less than 1 week before sail date got an up sell to SA 7076 Deluxe Verandah Suite for only $398.00 total for the 2 of us.

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Randyk47 for once again creating an idea and allowing me to run with it, the HAL Mariner Luggage Tags have taken on a new look!!

I've modified all the Mariner Luggage Tags to include 1-4 star ratings. And renamed the pages to: Holland America Star Mariner Luggage Tags

Main Page is at: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

Back Up Page is at: http://abqreunion2008.com/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

There are also new photos for several of the ships so do not forget to check out the individual ships pages whose links are below.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

I can't thank you enough for putting together this amazing treasure of cabin info. Your dilligence is so appreciated.

We are booked on an upcoming cruise on the Noordam. It is our first time on a vista class

ship. We are in cabin VA8104...towards aft, port side. I could not tell from the posted photos if the verandah is covered or staggered. I believe the aft pool is above us and I didn't know if passenegers above will be able to see onto our balcony. Do you have any information or pics of these verandahs? Thanks again for all your help.

Happy Sailing .....Hi C

Hi Joanie,

I can't thank you enough for putting together this amazing treasure of cabin info. Your dilligence is so appreciated.

We are booked on an upcoming cruise on the Noordam. It is our first time on a vista class

ship. We are in cabin VA8104...towards aft, port side. I could not tell from the posted photos if the verandah is covered or staggered. I believe the aft pool is above us and I didn't know if passenegers above will be able to see onto our balcony. Do you have any information or pics of these verandahs? Thanks again for all your help.

Happy Sailing .....Hi C

Hi Hi C,

From lookig at the deck plans the Lido deck extends out and covers your verandah so that nothing will fall or see onto your verandah.

Here is a ships plan which shows better what I mean:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Noordam_Decks.gif

Noordam_Decks.jpg.dc3197b621964daa130a3646de265133.jpg

as you can see from the diagram, yours will be the only deck that is fully covered.

This photo is taken from the dock of stateroom 8136 and you can see that it is covered from above fully: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/161139118_p1040678a.jpg

This photo is taken tfrom the dock to show the penthouse (the one with the palm trees) which is located on deck 7. If you look one deck abocvve you can also see deck 8 is also covered : http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/161056267_p1040275a.jpg

I think you will be happy:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thanks Joanie....you're the best!!

You are quite welcome Hi C!

But in actuality, it is our fellow CC members who've made things easier for us all.

Any other things I can help with just gimme a holler:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie