Cruise ship in Delaware River???

Glassrobinson

Guest Crazeecat5
Yesterday, 9/6 I was driving up 495 North from Delaware and saw a cruise ship near the port of Wilmington, DE. Anyone know what cruise line it was? Could not tell. Ship had a gold and black steam "spout" on top. Looked like a smaller ship.

Yes, I saw that too while driving back from my Carnival Pride cruise. I was just going to google it. Will let you know what I find out!

Guest Crazeecat5

It looks like it was the P & O Aurora. Not sure what the itinerary was though. It would have started out in Southhampton, England.

Thanks Sheryl and peacefrog...did a little more research and found out it is on a 24 night North American voyage which included Wilmington DE as a stop for Philadelphia excursions. It then headed to NY, where it is today. It's heading up north to Bar Harbor and further to ports in Canada. Very cool!! Definitely don't see that very often!

Way back in June, 1989, I took my first cruise.

It left the port of Philadelphia, cruised down the Delaware and then did a 2 night to nowhere. They also did Bermuda cruises too.

I think the name of the cruise ship we were on was Chandris Celebrity, but please someone correct me if I am wrong.

It was pretty cool to sail down the Delaware, but it sure got rough when we got to the Atlantic.

They docked there last year too. Its definitely a cool thing to see.

For you Delawarean's, for some reason they tend to flood the Christiana Mall.

Ugh! Why would they stop in Wilmington? And the Christiana Mall leaves a lot to be desired. It sounds great otherwise.

There are 7 day cruises out of Philadelphia to Bermuda. Currently only NCL is using the port but we have been on both Celebrity and RCCL from there. Very nice cruises. A down side is that only the small ships can fit under the bridges. Happy crusing!!!!:)

Archived