Crown Cabin B436?

MarinaDCA

As final payment date grows closer i find myself second guessing this location.

Does anyone have any comment on this room (its a balcony, BD)?

We are first time cruisers so I wanted somewhere that motion isn't felt the most and not very far from everything (I can walk fine usually, but sometimes have trouble with long distances) - meaning the adults pool and food :)

Your opinions (good or bad please) are very much appreciated.

Well, since no one else has jumped in . . . I think it looks like a fine location -- right at the midship elevators/stairs and not too far from the laundry room for any ironing (no matter how well one packs, there's always something that comes out of the case looking accordion-pleated!). One thing to remember is that the Crown is big and the walk from midship where your cabin is to the aft set of elevators for dining room, Terrace Pool, and buffet access is going to be much longer than a hotel corridor would be. I don't mean to worry you and wouldn't even have mentioned it except for your mentioning some trouble walking long distances. "Long" is so relative, though.

If it were me, I'd choose a cabin in the 600s which might cut down on the walking but still be midships enough to make you feel safe vis-a-vis motion. So that's my take, but you didn't mention what specifically you were second-guessing about B436, so hope this helps a little.

Thank you for your reply, it does help a lot as I don't have much a frame reference for the length of the various routes and so on. I hadn't realized the elevators nearest us would not go up to the pool/food decks.

I am mainly just a nervous new cruiser who second guesses everything :) I might want to check out the 600 rooms given what you've said. I need to get better at looking at the deck plans and mapping out routes to get various places. I generally don't have any trouble with a 10-15 minute walk, but some days when I have already been running around a lot I can get very slllloooow :)

Thank you again, maybe I was looking for reassurance from those with experience ::)

You're very welcome. But let me correct one thing: I didn't mean to leave the impression that the midship elevators don't go up to the Lido Deck (pool & buffet) -- they absolutely do. It's just that the buffet is in the aft of the ship and so the aft elevators come out right at the buffet entrance, whereas the midship elevators are located in between the two Lido Deck pools. And I tended to hang out more at the aft pool on Riviera than on the Lido Deck, so there again, the aft stairwell was the more convenient to me. I think now I'm probably just confusing you more, so I'll shut up!

Archived