Holland America cruises

snickermom

Last winter we took a cruise on HA and they did not take a bottle of liquor and a 12 pack of soda that we had packed. Recently, I've read that some cruiselines are checking and taking it (until the end of the cruise).

Does anyone know what HA is now doing? We are going on a cruise in Dec. and would like to take something with us.:o

The soda is allowed. You are permitted to bring all the water, soda, wine, and champagne that you want.

It is against HAL's rules to bring beer or hard liquor aboard. That is not to say that you might get some by, but you take the risk that such will be taken from you, and returned at the end of the cruise.

HAL will provide a litre bottle of various spirits for your cabin. There's a price list on a recent (today) thread. This can be ordered in advance, from room service, or purchased at any bar.

I am new to cruising but I sure do like my beer. I would like to bring some local brews back with me on my cabribbean cruise, not alot, just maybe a six pack. I guess if they take it away from me thats okay, wonder where it will go though when I would never claim it at the end of the cruise.

Archived