Pirate Night

robgray

Singing and dancing, much like at the sail away party, but with a pirate theme. The "bad" pirates take over and Pirate Mickey saves the day in a dramatic fashion. Then, there are fireworks. It's a lot of fun, but gets pretty crowded. Oh! There is also a big dessert buffet. Yum. :)

Definitely bring pirate costumes! So many adults and kids were dressed up. They even went to the 2nd sitting dinner dressed up. You won't want to miss out on the fun and if you have to buy stuff on the ship it can get expensive. Also, if you have kids, you may want to bring Disney costumes for them to dress up in. A bunch of children were dressed up as princesses, like "Belle" from beauty and the beast, etc.They also have an area where you can take professional portraits (no sitting fee, no obligation) so you may want to bring some nice clothes. Budget for pictures! They have so many opportunities to take pictures with the Disney characters, even on Castaway Cay. We got 20 6x8 pictures for $139. Just as a tip: They preprint the pictures, so if you like an 8x10, but choose to go with a 6x8 package, then you can trade 2 6x8 pics for 1 8x10. Hope that makes sense.

It's a Great time! Dress up, lot's of persons do, young and old. I consider a cruise as an Adventure, and it's person's like yourself, that make them Fun,and Exciting. Dress up, all your nieghbor's, are home, where they should be. Re-book for next years Halloween cruise, that is another incredible dress up night. Metrowon

• 4 weeks later...
My grandson (age 6) will love the pirate party, but 9:45 is sooo late, not sure he will be able to be up for that.

Usually kids are so tired after playing in the clubs you should be able to get him to nap that afternoon so he will make it. Just have him sit on the couch with you and watch one of the animated movies on TV until he falls asleep. Thats what we do with grandkids.

Once your at the party it is so fast paced and loud he wont fall asleep!!

Even on our Mediterranean cruise they had the Pirate party. It was one of my daughter's favorite events. Forget all she saw in Europe. We are returning on the Magic this year in the Med. and my daughter's first question was "are they going to have that Pirate party again?" I guess it really made an impression. Wishing you a "magical" cruise.:D

It's interesting to read the responses to this, because heading in, the Pirate party was one of the parts of the cruise to which I was looking the most forward. I even re-scheduled our Palo reservation so as not to fall on this night.

However, from my perspective it was a bit disappointing. All it turned out to be was a teenybopper-style deck dance party. I was expecting more "plot" and "acting". Perhaps even the chance to choose sides and interact with the cast in some minimally LARPish way.

Unfortunately as it turned out, the whole thing is essentially just a thinly disguised pretext for a dance-off between Mr. Smee and Minnie Mouse. It's capped off by a rather scant fireworks show that did not do Disney justice, in my opinion.

However, if you're into teenybopper-style dance parties, you'll probably enjoy it just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to suggest to anyone going to look the day after Halloween at their local party supply/temporary Halloween stores etc for pirate stuff!!! They should have it all marked down and you can get it for a steal! ;)

Of course, don't count 100% on that because one never knows what will be left over, but I know I'll be visiting my stores to check out what we can get for cheap for Pirate Night!!

I agree with the teen dance party nature of Pirate Night. Extremely energetic cast but many audience members were just standing around. We did have the advantage of a Halloween cruise so many people were in fantastic and creative costumes.

Don't miss the shows, especially Disney Dreams and The Golden Mickeys. You really need to be a Toy Story fan to enjoy that show.

Which night is the pirate night on a four day cruise on the Wonder?

We want to book Palo but not conflict with the Pirates!! ARRRRGGHHH !!

Clark G

Anyone have an answer for this? We are going on the 4 night on the Wonder 1/3/10 and would like to know what to expect which nights as well.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

What is scant on Disney Cruise Line is non-existant on other cruise lines. Another cruise line has a laser light show while at sea, which I haven't seen, so I can't compare it with the fireworks show on Disney Cruise Line. But, as far as I know, Disney Cruise Line is the only cruise line to have a fireworks show while at sea, and even then, they had to get permission from the maritime authorities to have it. Thus, the amount of fireworks let off by Disney Cruise Line may not have so much to do with the cruise line itself, but with the maritime authorities.

Is the Pirate night on the 3 night Wonder cruise? If it is what time and what night? I hope it's not on the 2nd night due to we have Palo's at 6 pm reserved for that night.

Thanks.

You should be done dinner at Palos by the time the Pirate party starts if it is on that night. If I recall correctly it is at 9:45pm.

Bill

Archived