Solarium on Rhapsody

The Fox

Hi,

I like a lot of CCers we have cruiased on Rhapsody and really loved the ship.Having read heaps of post and reviews there is not a lot of opinion about the Solarium.on our cruise last Oct we visited the first couple of days and really liked the peace and serinity but after an hour or so the built up humidity and the cholrine smell drove us away.They never opened the retractable roof at all.We would have used much more had they opened the roof to allow fresh flow.....Thats just my opinion....How did you guys find it

Cheers

Col & Di:)

I went up there a few times. Perhaps a few too many times for the cookies and pizza!!:p

In the afternoon around 5ish, it was always quiet. Most were off getting ready for the early sitting.

I never found it stifling in there. Though I agree with the roof. If it is a lovely day, why not open the roof??:confused:

I walked in and walked out again, way too hot and stuffy for me.

Our friends loved it, we always new where we could find them.

Jillybean:)

Hi,

Yeah i thought it was a great area under utilised because of the oppressive conditions.....not like the good old days on the Ocean monach in 1972....had a blast on that ship...wonder if we were on the same cruise.

Cheers

Col:)

Hi,

Yeah i thought it was a great area under utilised because of the oppressive conditions.....not like the good old days on the Ocean monach in 1972....had a blast on that ship...wonder if we were on the same cruise.

Cheers

I'll have to dig out a 'ships photo' on the Ocean Monarch, you might be in it..

I'll have to dig out a 'ships photo' on the Ocean Monarch, you might be in it..

Hi,

From memory I found a black/purple school girls hat on the way to board the ship and as a dare I had to wear it for the entire cruise......funny the benefits that hat got me on that cruise....yep some pics would be good.

cheers

Archived