Transportation to the cruise port

shiphappy

Not sure which cruise you're taking and where you are coming from, but if you have kids with you, I really recommend using the Disney transfer if you're taking a flight in. They will mail you luggage tags to put on your luggage. After you check your bags into the airport, Disney will pick them up from the Orlando airport and bring them directly to your stateroom on the ship. You and your carry-on luggage will be transported by coach. It saves you a lot of hassle (on the way there). Also, your staterooms will not be ready until about 1:30pm, so you'll have to lug your luggage around, unless you decide to drop them off outside your room earlier (even if you can't go in). Consider renting a car on the way back. It was a lot cheaper for us and it gave us a chance to go shopping in Florida. They have a bunch of coupons for rentals over the internet.

Has anyone used Happy Limousine service to the cruiseport??

I did because we were flying in the night before and staying at a hotel away from the airport.

They were just fine in their service, better than fine. I discovered once I checked in to my hotel that I had told them to pick me up at the wrong hotel (there are two Marriotts near the airport, who knew?). So I called them at 12:30 AM and I was surprised to get a live person. He noted the change and everything was happily ever after.

Oh, when it was time to get picked-up from the ship, Happy Limo had a dead limo so they arranged a different company to pick us up. It was just slightly confusing to see my name on a different company's card.

One advantage of hiring private transportation is that they will stop at a grocery store so that you can load up on beverages for the cruise. I haven't been able to talk the DCL coach driver into stopping yet.

Bring your own beverages, have a dead limo, and miss the ship. Disney transfers are seamless, and if a transfer bus breaks down, there is no panic. Go Happy! I just don't understand trying to save 1/10 of 1% on a cruise. A $50, saving's may not be a saving's at all, but the limo is special. You'll miss the Disney coach ride, We love it, 9x's. The Kids, the excitement, the anticipation. Realax, with that Flat tire as the Disney Coaches go by. Just my opinion! You do what you want, the Disney tranfer's are alot of un-aggravated Fun. Metrowon

Bring your own beverages, have a dead limo, and miss the ship. Disney transfers are seamless, and if a transfer bus breaks down, there is no panic. Go Happy! I just don't understand trying to save 1/10 of 1% on a cruise. A $50, saving's may not be a saving's at all, but the limo is special. You'll miss the Disney coach ride, We love it, 9x's. The Kids, the excitement, the anticipation. Realax, with that Flat tire as the Disney Coaches go by. Just my opinion! You do what you want, the Disney tranfer's are alot of un-aggravated Fun. Metrowon

You reminded me that a couple of weeks ago, I saw a DCL coach on the side of the road on the Bee Line... dead. So, nobody is immune from mechanical problems.

Can the Disney Coach pick you up at the airport the night before and drop you off at a hotel, then pick you up the next day to get you to the cruise terminal?

If you're referring to a Disney hotel at WDW, yes. If you mean a hotel that is not on Disney property, no.

You reminded me that a couple of weeks ago, I saw a DCL coach on the side of the road on the Bee Line... dead. So, nobody is immune from mechanical problems.
While you went by, Disney was makimg sure, the bus was unloaded, and bag's, and everyone arrived on board, on time. And you as a host didn't stop, and offer aid. What Kind of Host are You? A Floridian leaving person's on the wayside, on their way to a Disney Adventure. You failed to explain that you know for a fact, that Disney Cruise buses would actually stop and assist, and that everything would be Fine. And that because, that they had Disney transfers, the ship will wait for you to board. How trite, and shallow of you. Myself being a transportation employee, as a Quality service Manager with 31 years of experiance, you should have you known, anyone can nit pick! Yea, there are two sides of anyone's story. Your story is so incomplete it's no Wonder persons have to use this, website, and get short incomplete resolutions. If you were really concearned, as a host, maybe you should have pulled over, and witnessed the Disney Magic, and reported it! I'll be in the airport Hyatt, 11/o6/09, waiting for the bus the next morning. And you know what, I'll be on the ship, with no problems, at 12:01 the next day. You can come by the Hyatt airport, and actually meet me, on Friday night, if you wish. Maybe we could enlighten each other. No strings attached! My family has 96 day's on board, Disney, with all of their transfers only. Let's talk! Not a challenge, just a chat! We will be there! Metrown

We used them last time to travel from the Polynesian Resort to Canaveral. Loved the service, the driver was great, on time and very knowledable.

This trip, we have booked them to travel from MCO to the Polynesian with a town car and then from the Poly to the DCL Port with a lincoln stretch limo... think it is a great company and enjoy the quiet down time before being on the ship with tons of people.

The stops on the way will be great too!

While you went by, Disney was makimg sure, the bus was unloaded, and bag's, and everyone arrived on board, on time. And you as a host didn't stop, and offer aid. What Kind of Host are You? A Floridian leaving person's on the wayside, on their way to a Disney Adventure. You failed to explain that you know for a fact, that Disney Cruise buses would actually stop and assist, and that everything would be Fine. And that because, that they had Disney transfers, the ship will wait for you to board. How trite, and shallow of you. Myself being a transportation employee, as a Quality service Manager with 31 years of experiance, you should have you known, anyone can nit pick! Yea, there are two sides of anyone's story. Your story is so incomplete it's no Wonder persons have to use this, website, and get short incomplete resolutions. If you were really concearned, as a host, maybe you should have pulled over, and witnessed the Disney Magic, and reported it! I'll be in the airport Hyatt, 11/o6/09, waiting for the bus the next morning. And you know what, I'll be on the ship, with no problems, at 12:01 the next day. You can come by the Hyatt airport, and actually meet me, on Friday night, if you wish. Maybe we could enlighten each other. No strings attached! My family has 96 day's on board, Disney, with all of their transfers only. Let's talk! Not a challenge, just a chat! We will be there! Metrown

Metro, what makes you think that I didn't pack all 48 people into my car? The rental did have a big trunk.

Not to worry, it was an empty coach. 5PM, Westbound.

Archived