Voyager - Barcelona

oceanjwls

What time does boarding start?

We've been at the port in Miami and Puerto Rico around 10 and on the ship within an hour.

I sailed the Voyageur in May and arrived around 12:30. Was at my cabin in less than an hour and surprisingly so was my luggage!

Enjoy your cruise!

Has anyone checked in, dropped off luggage and went back to explore the city? I was thinking of checking in early to avoid the long lines. Is there anything to see within walking distance of the port?

If memory serves me correctly, this is a more industrial port and there really isn't anything within walking distance.

We're also sailing on Voyager out of Barcelona (Nov 22). Can we bring our own luggage on board during embarkation? We pack very lightly (one carryon-size each) and it's very manageable for us...

It's been 3 years since we last sailed on RCCL, so I can't remember! Thanks.

Has anyone checked in, dropped off luggage and went back to explore the city? I was thinking of checking in early to avoid the long lines. Is there anything to see within walking distance of the port?

If memory serves me correctly, this is a more industrial port and there really isn't anything within walking distance.

Actually Barcelona Port is not an industrial port anymore. You can walk, about a mile or so and there is a shopping area along the waterfront. Their are several nice restaurants in that area as well (Siete Portos - decent paella). Or you can catch a cab and be in Las Ramblas area within 10 minutes for 7 or 8 euros. There is an industrial port across from the cruise terminals but you won't have to go through it. The best advice is to go to www.googleearth.com and download their free version and review the Barcelona Port area and you'll see there is lot to do within relative walking distance (1 to 2 miles). Getting a cab is easy, almost all of them speak some English, make sure you agree on the fare before you take them. The DW and I have been to Barcelona on several cruises recently and it has never been an issue to walk out of the port or grabbing a taxi. Enjoy!

Archived