Holiday Inn POM

colkeena

What would I pay for taxi from Miami airport to Holiday Inn POM? Also what would I pay for a taxi to the cruise from Holiday Inn.

Are no shuttles available?

Also, is there a CVS or similar to buy small items to take on the ship?Is there a place to buy wine within walking distance?

Thanks

MIA to HI-POM $20-25

HI-POM $8-10

CVS is two blocks south on Biscayne Blvd.

Liquor store two blocks west of Biscayne on Flagler. Flagler is three blocks south of HI-POM

There are shuttles available, but it's cheaper to take a taxi.

I do not know the taxi cost from airport to hotel, but from hotel to ship is about $10 for a cab.

Bayside Market Place is right next door with alot of places to eat and shop (not food stores). There is a Cvs and Walgreens right by HI POM. There is a Liquor store a few blocks away.

:confused:These are probably the most popular questions on the Florida departure forum.:confused:

Yep, I was pretty shocked at that statement too, no offense. This board is filled with the same questions over and over again; all one has to do is to scroll through the titles of the threads, read them, and compile all the info you could ever need. Seriously - the repetition on this board in particular can be somewhat frustrating.

Sorry. Rant off now. :p

:confused:These are probably the most popular questions on the Florida departure forum.:confused:

Perhaps not since the same questions do tend to get asked at least 5 times a day, but maybe the one who posted that was being sarcastic. :confused::)

Excuse my ignorance but is this the Holiday Inn near the port of Miami? Would you say it was nice and good value?

Thank you

C

Yes, this one... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/miabb

I wouldn't use "nice", more like "okay". It's old and most definitely a budget property, but it's popular due to it's location across from the port entrance and Bayside (which is just a tired boring open air mall), and it's usually the cheapest game in town if you want to be in downtown Miami.

Personally I'd rather spend a bit more and stay somewhere nicer, but to each his own.

We just stayed at the HI POM and although not a fancy hotel it was adequate for our needs. The room was large (King suite with separate Living Room and Bedroom with a kitchenette) and I thought it was a great value for the money and location.

We went to the CVS which is a really short walk down the street.

We paid $15 for a taxi to the port. (3 of us and LOTS of bags.)

There are certainly other nicer hotels to chose from but if you are budget minded and don't mind a no-frills hotel this is more than decent.

Archived