Confirming Vatican SCAVI tour by phone

Luv_to_Cruise

Thanks in Advance for help with this issue....I have tried twice to call the Vatican Scavi office to confirm my tour request for November. I called 011-39-06-6988-5318, ask for English Please, but each time I am disconnected. It is almost like I reach a wrong number, I can hear loud factory noise in the backround. Can anyone give me another number they have used successfully to reach the SCAVI office? Is there a 'best' time to try to call?

What is it that you are trying to confirm? Did they already send you the e-mail informing you of the day and time of your tour? If so, just follow the directions on that e-mail.

If you are still waiting for the e-mail giving you a confirmed date/time, I suggest waiting a little longer. I didn't get that confirmation until around 5 weeks before my trip.

I originally requested a reservation about 2 months ago for November. I received a date and time email with instructions for sending in payment within 10 days for confirmation. I immediately responded as instructed by email. Within a matter of hours I recived an automated response stating that they had received my email and would be manually entering data within the next few hours. Once that was done I would receive a confirmation and receipt. Several days went by and I have received nothing else. today I emailed them inquiring of the status...I'll let you know what I hear.

I originally requested a reservation about 2 months ago for November. I received a date and time email with instructions for sending in payment within 10 days for confirmation. I immediately responded as instructed by email. Within a matter of hours I recived an automated response stating that they had received my email and would be manually entering data within the next few hours. Once that was done I would receive a confirmation and receipt. Several days went by and I have received nothing else. today I emailed them inquiring of the status...I'll let you know what I hear.

I had requested a tour for Nov 5 about a month ago. I got the date and time email a few weeks ago. I tried to call and got nowhere. I was a little nervous sending my cc info over email. But i do check my cc statement online every few days so i did it. I also got that automated response and never not the confirm and receipt. But my amex did get charged the 20 euros for two people. So obviously they processed my card.

I had requested a tour for Nov 5 about a month ago. I got the date and time email a few weeks ago. I tried to call and got nowhere. I was a little nervous sending my cc info over email. But i do check my cc statement online every few days so i did it. I also got that automated response and never not the confirm and receipt. But my amex did get charged the 20 euros for two people. So obviously they processed my card.

My card has not yet been charged. I did receive a response to my follow up email...another automated response. :eek:

Be aware if you use AOL that many people have reported problems getting email from the Vatican Scavi office. It might be wise to use another IP and try again if you are having problems.

Other IP often hold foreign emails in the spam or junk mail folders, so be sure to check there as well. If you can adjust your filter or add the Vatican email address to your address book, that should also help.

Archived