Looking for a guide in Rome

shoebiz

My wife and I will be in Rome Nov.30th through Dec 4th. I would like to hire a private guide for the Vatican as well as the Roman antiquities, all to be done in one day. Can anyone provide me with a name, price and email address?

Try Angel Tours. www.angeltoursrome.com

We used them for one day on our first trip there. We did the Vatican in the morning (museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peters) then grabbed a quick pizza with our guide and then a taxi to the Coliseum, Forum, Palantine Hill in the afternoon.

We paid 500 euros for the whole day. Just the guide, me and dh. Worth every penny. Was an amazing day. We also took in Spanish steps, Trevi and some other sites on our own in the evening at our leisure.

They also have free tours of the Pantheon every evening at 7 pm.

Some companies have drivers - not guides (guides must be licensed to go into the sites with you) so make sure you are getting a guide and not just a driver who will take you around but not go in etc. with you.

If you are going to be in Rome for several days, I might suggest that instead of trying to cram so much into one day, you instead divide your touring into two separate half day (or longer) segments.

There is a lot to see and take in, both at the Vatican and at the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill. I really feel you will enjoy it more if you are not rushing through them, especially if you have the opportunity (which many cruisers do not) to spread it out.

My wife and I will be in Rome Nov.30th through Dec 4th. I would like to hire a private guide for the Vatican as well as the Roman antiquities, all to be done in one day. Can anyone provide me with a name, price and email address?

We used the CAST = Association of the Rome Tourist Guides.

The Rome Tourist Board recommended them to us:

http://www.cast-turismo.it/

You need to tell them what you want to see and they quote.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived