St. Thomas -- will Oasis make it there

debtmkr

Sounds like the Oasis of the Seas will not be docking in St. Thomas atleast on the first several cruises. From what i have read on virginislandsdailynews.com the dredging project has not been started and they may not get the permits to complete the project. I wonder where the ship will go instead?

I read that if St. Thomas is not ready, it will go to either San Juan to Labadee.

Ok maybe we could skip St. Thomas and go to San Jaun!!!!! I would love that!!! ;):) I actually would much rather skip nassua and keep st. thomas then add either Labadee or San Jaun!

Hopefully they do not miss St. Thomas. That is the only port that we have not visited yet and since my mom cruises for ports that means that I will be in trouble, lol. That is also the only port that we have found and booked an excursion for.

Can't they shift just everything from Nassau. Most people want to miss that port anyway and we aren't even there long enough for anyone to notice that we're missing, lol.

Good morning we are sailing on Oasis Jan 23/10,This trip for us is all about the ship as we have been to all of the islands,It would be no skin of my hummm,to miss St Thomas but we feel the same way about San Jaun how ever we would love another trip to Labadee, There is little time and little to do in Nassau as well unless you go to Atlantis.We are 21 people travelling together and we will have a great time no matter were we end up and I think for most people they will feel the same way,we look at the port as a bonus part of the cruise and some times dont even leave the ship.I think we are all fortunate to be in a position to have such an experience in our lives and should focus on that.

This ship stops at ports? :eek:

Only Kidding!!! I think that missing St. Thomas is no big deal. When you get off the ship you are basically walking into one of the biggest port shpping area's that I have seen.

We will probably stay onboard on our Aug 2010 Cruise, but look to do the Segway excursion we missed due to bad weather this past August.

Good morning we are sailing on Oasis Jan 23/10,This trip for us is all about the ship as we have been to all of the islands,It would be no skin of my hummm,to miss St Thomas but we feel the same way about San Jaun how ever we would love another trip to Labadee, There is little time and little to do in Nassau as well unless you go to Atlantis.We are 21 people travelling together and we will have a great time no matter were we end up and I think for most people they will feel the same way,we look at the port as a bonus part of the cruise and some times dont even leave the ship.I think we are all fortunate to be in a position to have such an experience in our lives and should focus on that.

We are on the same sailing. :)

I agree....for this cruise, the ship is the destination....while I love Eastern ports, St Thomas and St. Martin, I would be fine if we miss one... we would be very happy with Labadee as a sub as I've not been there before.

I think Nassau will end up being more like a sea day with many, many passengers staying on board the last day of the cruise.

While I agree that the ship is the primary destination, my wife and I will be very disappointed if St Thomas isn't ready for us. Our favorite ports are St Thomas and St Martin! From what I've read regarding the dredging, the Senate has signed off on it, but there are concerns regarding environmental impact. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't substitute San Juan:)...we hated this place. Labadee would be wonderful, though!

In all seriousness, I agree with some recent posters that we will be thankful that we are physically and financially able to cruise, and won't worry too much about things that we cannot change.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't substitute San Juan:)...we hated this place. Labadee would be wonderful, though!

Robntawn: I will like to go to Labadee, because I'm from San Juan, and we visited Labadee many years ago. I'm sorry to hear that you hate "this place". For this cruise, the ship is the destination. We have been to all the ports, and we would be ok if we miss one.

CanuckMO4, come join our roll-call--we've already gotten Canadians on there!

They couldn't figure out this dredging thing beforehand? Come on, give me a break. In 8 cruises, I've never been to St. Thomas (not that I have been to San Juan, either, but have been to Labadee, which is beautiful). It's really not so far off, so something has to give one way or another!

I hope the ship docks in Labadee. I was there many years ago on a RCCL

Cruise and the "private island" is very nice for a few hours. We will be sailing Dec. 12th!!

I love Labadee! I think it is such a beautiful port of call! So relaxing!

You think we get a petiton going to skip Nassua and add Labadee or San Juan?!

I hope the ship docks in Labadee. I was there many years ago on a RCCL

Cruise and the "private island" is very nice for a few hours. We will be sailing Dec. 12th!!

Hi juneforreal, I am also on the sailing Dec.12 and I am from Altoona PA. Where in PA are you from.

I prefer Labadee to San Juan, but would rather go to St Thomas.

Hi Regg1216, I was bumped to this thread from my roll call. Saw you're from Altoona - I'm in Boalsburg, but sailing 12/5 - we'll wave on the way off the ship. We usually wear our PSU T-shirts as they spark a lot of conversation. Hope you have a great cruise.

I'm not happy. I've never been to St. Thomas and was really looking forward to it. I would not mind Labadee. I do not want to go to San Juan. i'm not crazy about Nassau. St. Maarten and St. Thomas were the 2 I looked forward to. Is St. Maarten ready for Oasis?

Archived