St. Thomas -- will Oasis make it there

debtmkr

Saturday, September 19th 2009

This column is the fifth in a five-part series.

The technology proposed by West Indian Company Ltd. for dredging the harbor and dumping dredged spoils at Lindbergh Bay has received a negative evaluation from several federal agencies.

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article?id=17639474

This is making me very nervous......:( We're supposed to get married while in St. Thomas!!!! I guess it's time to start considering the backup plans instead. I hope they just tell us either way soon.

Wow...really? I'd be way too nervous about an itinerary change to plan my wedding in port. Especially during hurricane season. :eek: I have cruised twice with changed itineraries We ended up going on a Western itinerary and didn't find out until we were embarking. I do wish you luck, but would never recommend it myself....too risky IMO.

This is making me very nervous......:( We're supposed to get married while in St. Thomas!!!! I guess it's time to start considering the backup plans instead. I hope they just tell us either way soon.

You really should have had back up plans, there have been a number of destination wedding that have fallen thru. Sometimes the weather or other things happen and they can not dock somewhere.

I would monitor the situation for a bit as you have over a year before sailing on Oasis. Still I just don't think I would want the extra stress worrying about getting to St. Thomas' I noticed you are sailing the week after I get off Oasis in October which is hurricane season. That in itself does not worry me but combined with your planning a wedding there increases the stress level in my books but ultimately the decision is yours.

I saw a very disappointed bride on our Explorer cruise last year who was to meet relatives in Bermuda to get married but we had a medical emergency and we had to miss Bermuda as a port.

Good luck in your planning your wedding and best wishes.:)

We've had back-up plans set from the get go. We knew going into this type of wedding left a lot of "what-ifs" out there, but to us, it's worth the risk to possibly have our dream wedding. The way we look at it (even before all this talk of missing St. Thomas) we will still be on a wonderful vacation with almost our entire family and many close friends as well!:) Still, if it ended up being weather or a medical emergency while on board, it would have happened right before and I wouldn't have had time to even worry about it-the fact that we are a year out leaves me more time to worry:p Either way, we will end up married and still be on a beautiful ship.

Is she at anchor and tendering or tied up at a dock?

She looks so close to shore, I figured she was docked. I would think that's the case because Tyron suggested it as a possible alternative for Oasis and Oasis won't be tendering.

Is the QM2 docked or anchored in that photo Tyron?

Princess ships often dock now at Crown Bay... on an Emerald Princess cruise in 2007 we docked there. It is equal distance from Charlotte Amalie as is Havensight. I would think QM2 s docked

EMMY!!! :cool::D

ahornb, yes, the QM2 is docked @ the Crown Bay pier. :)

• 3 weeks later...
The statement that Crown Bay is not ideal because it does not have the same transportation infrastructure is not good news.

I would be more concerned about the statement

Crown Bay is not an ideal location because it does not have the same security

Archived