Confiscated Personal Items NOT Returned!!

kenmel

Well' date=' being a rational human being, and with a certain maturity and wisdom that comes with age....and with 45 years of travel....I certainly understand that ship happens....and wouldn't be "blase'" about it. It's better to be proactive.

I, too, would be upset..... However, I wouldn't start thrashing everyone I spoke to, nor would I throw a temper tantrum, nor would I go on a cruise forum and bash everyone from the Captain to the cabin steward.

If OP wants to voice a complaint and have Carnival attend to the matter, there is a way to do it. Stomping ones foot and whining isn't the way.

Submit a copy of the receipt, with a letter to Carnival. That's all that's needed. Follow up with phone calls if necessary...in a rational, adult manner. Gee, how hard is that?

They may find the candles....or not; they may refund her purchase...or not. But, for sure, nothing will be accomplished by copping an attitude.

Plus, the travel insurance I'm sure they purchased, would recover any unreimbursed expenses...including her purchases - which is part of the "baggage" insurance.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the "lecture"......:cool:[/quote']

Actually, G'ma, the original post was not at all about "stomping ones foot and whining". Poster simply stated the facts about the whole thing and asked if anyone had any suggestions. And I don't think the OP "copped an attitude either". Poster was upset - CCL had taken her merchandise and then lost it and she was asking CCers if this had happened to them and for ideas about what to do. Folks who pose questions on these boards are looking for help. They don't need to get chastised due to unfair assumptions about their postings.

Make sure you declare whatever you buy if it's over your personal exemption limit. CCL shares the info on what you buy in their duty-free stores with customs.

I travel with my children, who are drinking age, friends who don't drink, etc. There has never been a problem with me paying for everyone's liquor & them using it as their personal exemption limit. Can't imagine that is against the law. My choice if I want to "treat" people to their bottles & to whom those people give it to when they get home is their decision.

Archived