Cruise air from Toronto to Venice?

happy_travellers

Does anyone know if they bring you in a day early on the cruise air. We are going to book NCL Gem 14 day from Venice? The cruise air is a good price and there is a disclaimer saying that if they have to put you up in a hotel it will be complimentary. Does anyone have any experience with this. Thanks so much. Karen

I agree, it's doubtful they would take you in the day before, since most flights from here arrive, even with stopovers, early in the day.

Do yourself a favour and pay the deviation fee and arrive a day (or more) earlier. And yes, do compare prices with doing it yourself (although we have found that the cruise lines are pretty competitive from Toronto to Europe.)

I agree, it's doubtful they would take you in the day before, since most flights from here arrive, even with stopovers, early in the day.

Do yourself a favour and pay the deviation fee and arrive a day (or more) earlier. And yes, do compare prices with doing it yourself (although we have found that the cruise lines are pretty competitive from Toronto to Europe.)

Thanks for the advice. I just received email back from my TA saying that they'll do deviation for 50.00 each. I have booked the cruise air for a back up. I can hold cruise air with full refund at the moment for a pretty reasonable price considering transfers ect included. Once I book air then I am fully committed to this cruise and I am not ready for that step!

Thanks again , Karen

Thanks for the advice. I just received email back from my TA saying that they'll do deviation for 50.00 each. I have booked the cruise air for a back up. I can hold cruise air with full refund at the moment for a pretty reasonable price considering transfers ect included. Once I book air then I am fully committed to this cruise and I am not ready for that step!

Thanks again , Karen

Be aware that the deviation fee may not be your only expense. IF the flights are more than the cruiseair cost allotments, then you pay any differences as well. With thousands of people embarking, the day prior is a heavy load day- which means higher prices. Venice is also a very limited fly in compared to Rome with far fewer available seats.

I'd really consider booking your own flights and coming in a day if not two days early. Venice is very easy to DIY and well worth getting that extra day or two to explore. There are several carriers that fly directy from North America into Venice. Most I think leave late afternoon arriving the following morning making this a convenient one stop from most places if not a direct single flight for some.

I am considering booking my own flights but the ships air is reasonable and I can book it now and have 100% refund.

My issue is that when I am ready to commit to this cruise the DIY air may not be within my price range (the cruise air is). Also the DIY air that is in the lower price range leaves Venice early the day the cruise ends, which means another day of hotels ect. Since this is a B2B cruise I will have the day between cruises to explore Venice as well as the day before the cruise if I do the deviation fee and come in one day early. I realize if I cancel the cruise air I would loose the deviation fee of 50.00 pp.

Getting a great rate on a cruise is not a deal if I end up paying top dollar for the airfare so that is why I think the cruise air (at 1100.can with transfers ect) is a good back up and I am not out of pocket.

We booked the NCL Dawn for Nov1 as a second chance for NCL as my husband was not thrilled with the Gem and freestyle dining ect on our Apr T/A. If he likes his second NCL experience better than we will keep our booking for the B2B Med. cruise for May.

Since I have never used Ship Air I am interested in knowing how it works.

Karen

Archived