Need Opinions: Radiance or Grandeur??

Want advice on western Carib cruise on Radiance or Grandeur end of Nov. == will be taking our 3 adult kids & spouses == 2 couples have never been on a cruise (their ages are 30, 35, 40, 40, 41 and 43). Hubby & I have been on Brilliance & so are leaning toward Radiance, but Grandeur is out of NO and closer to us all in TN. Will we find Grandeur too small??

Brilliance of Seas 11/11/02

Grand Princess 5/03, 3/02, 4/01, 10/00

Ocean Princess 10/01

Crown Princess 1/00, 11/96, 11/91

Dawn Princess 11/98

Sun Princess 11/97

That would be a tough choice for me too, been on both and absoultly loved both!

If I really had to choose, I think I would pick the Radiance, I like the Windjammer with Aft outdoor seating, Seaview Cafe and the access to the bow of the ship.

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

Just home from the Granduer and loved it. after 16 cruises this is the first ship we want to get right back on. Never had a bad cruise or a ship we wouldnt sail again but really liked the Grand. Of course could have had something to do with our 70+ group of Cruise Critics who were fabulous.

Tough decision. We've been on both (Grandeur twice, Radiance once.) I don't know, maybe it was because the Radiance was getting ready to sail from Fort Lauderdale for their Panama Canal/Alaska itineraries (there was a huge turnover in personnel after our cruise) but we never felt quite as "at home" on her as we did on the Grandeur. There's so many extras on Radiance--the pool tables, the mini-golf (and golf simulator) the indoor movie theater, the Seaview Cafe and those so very scenic glass elevators--but for all her features and beauty, Radiance just didn't charm us like Grandeur did. (did love her Solarium, though.)

My advice would be to pick the ship that is most convenient and least expensive, then make plans to sail the other one in the future.

I agree with Radiance choice, too. While Grandeur was nice and had great service, I would pick Radiance since I like having more dining options (Chops, Portofino, etc.) I also enjoyed the Windjammer layout more on the Radiance. Either way, you can certainly enjoy yourself.

Thanks everyone for your opinions -- Leaning to Radiance for exactly the reasons others have outlined PLUS prices lower now on R than on G -- when you're buying 4 balconies & 8 fares, price does matter!!

Still getting price quotes & still looking for best prices!

Also I have the Crown/Anchor $125/cabin discount coupon from last issue that covers both ships. Can you believe that some TAs are saying they will only accept coupon for 75% or less value?

Brilliance of Seas 11/11/02

Grand Princess 5/03, 3/02, 4/01, 10/00

Ocean Princess 10/01

Crown Princess 1/00, 11/96, 11/91

Dawn Princess 11/98

Sun Princess 11/97

Archived