Different question re: ATM's in Italy

mafiadon

Yes, if you increase your daily withdrawal limit (talk to your bank before you leave) you can withdraw up to that amount daily.

It's just that you may have to make multiple withdrawals to reach that limit, as individual machines tend to have "per transaction" withdrawal amounts of 250-300 euro in Italy.

mafiadon, be aware that your bank (not the Italian bank) will charge you a fee EACH time you do a withdrawal. I live here and still have a Bank Of America debit card... It's $5 each time I withdraw... but no charge from the Italian banks. For more info read this: ATM's in Italy

$5 from your bank? That is extremely high! You should switch banks, especially if you travel a lot. The ATM card I use in the US is different from the one I use in Europe. For the US I use one that has many branches, so I don't have to pay fees. But my community bank does not use ATM fees for international transactions. For long trips, they add up! May be worth looking into.

ETA: Never mind - I didn't catch the part that you live there and just use the BoA one sometimes.

Archived