Fantasy penthouse suite...

kleismit

My DH, 3 DDs and I are booked in what our cruise consultant called a "penthouse suite" on the Fantasy 12-19-09. Has anyone stayed in that room? What can we expect? Room for 3 teen/pre-teen girls plus DH and I? This will be the girls first cruise, so we wanted to pull out all the stops for them. DH and I have cruised once before, in a regular ocean view on the Holiday. Guess this will be a change all the way around!

Here is a link for all things Cat 12 on Fantasy Class ships. Also, below you will find my review for the Inspiration, which includes a lot of pictures of a Cat 12 room. Since the configuration is the same, you should see just what you want to see between this thread and my pictures. The thread begins before the Fantasy Class upgrades, so closer to the end you should find more relavant photos. Have a great trip!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332945

We had cabin U97 in July on Fantasy, and were quite pleased with it. We usually have "regular" cabin rooms for the 4 of us (dh, myself, dd21, dd18) and have worked out a system so all are happy with storage of clothes, changing times, etc. The suite on Fantasy seemed soooo much larger. We had a roll-away delivered, as dd21 is a light sleeper, and dd18 rolls all over the place. There was plenty of room to move around the cabin, even with the rollaway set up, and the sofa-bed open. The balcony was large enough for all 4 of us to comfortably sit out - we even asked for an extra lounger, as there were only 3 chairs out when we arrived. Never used the whirlpool, though it was a nice addition. Interestingly enough, I think there was more storage in a regular balcony than there was in the suite! We really enjoyed "treating" ourselves. Would love to get another suite sometime when we sail again, but the price has to be right. BTW - the category 11's on Fantasy (which can't fit your whole family) are just like regular sized cabins on the newer ships - no bargain, IMHO.

BTW - the category 11's on Fantasy (which can't fit your whole family) are just like regular sized cabins on the newer ships - no bargain, IMHO.

A Cat 11 on the Fantasy is 220sq feet with a 30 sq ft balcony.

On the Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, and Freedom

Cat 8 balconies are 185 sq feet with a 35 sq ft balcony

Cat 4/5/6 are all 185 sq feet.

I dont see how you can say they are just like regular cabins when they are LARGER than Cat 4/5/6/8.

Dave

We had a Cat 12 on the Fascination but also had the connecting OV next to it for our kids. This worked out really great! But we could have had all four of us in the Cat 12 with room to spare. It feels very roomy in there compared to the OV and the balcony was large enough for the 4 of us. You may want to check out the price of a connecting OV if there is still one available. It wasn't that much more than the 3rd4th person rate when we sailed in April and it gave them beds and there own bathroom instead of using the sofa and rollaways and sharing our bathroom. Just an idea....

My DH, 3 DDs and I are booked in what our cruise consultant called a "penthouse suite" on the Fantasy 12-19-09. Has anyone stayed in that room? What can we expect? Room for 3 teen/pre-teen girls plus DH and I? This will be the girls first cruise, so we wanted to pull out all the stops for them. DH and I have cruised once before, in a regular ocean view on the Holiday. Guess this will be a change all the way around!

Cat 12 balconies are 70 sq ft, not 30.

A Cat 11 on the Fantasy is 220sq feet with a 30 sq ft balcony.

On the Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, and Freedom

Cat 8 balconies are 185 sq feet with a 35 sq ft balcony

Cat 4/5/6 are all 185 sq feet.

I dont see how you can say they are just like regular cabins when they are LARGER than Cat 4/5/6/8.

Dave

I stand corrected. We saw one of the cat. 11's, and it seemed to be the same size as the conquest class ships "regular" cabins. Didn't take out my tape measure to check!

You will really enjoy your Cat 12 suite. My 2 friends and I had one in May on the Fascination and there was plenty of room for all our girl stuff.

I have to agree your DH is a brave soul. My dad was the same way tho-he traveled with a wife and 4 daughters.

Hope you and your family have a great cruise and don't forget to take advantage of the VIP boarding.

Did cat 12 on Fantasy in February. Here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19985667&highlight=#post19985667

hope it works. We had four and plenty of space. Click on the link inside the post.

Archived