Any other cruise lines

Sam The Cat

My GF and I are looking toward booking our next cruise. We love NCL but we have been every place they go out of NYC. Is there any other cruise line that leaves out of NYC at the same cost and with the suite benefits?? We just want to mix it up a little bit. I do not fly so we have to leave from NYC

It is difficult to find decent mass-market cruise lines that compete with NCL on price. NCL has postioned itself as a budget-priced cruise line and done a very effective job in this segment of the market. As the other post says, you could go over to Bayonne (only a few minutes from the Holland Tunnel) and find cruises from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, but these lines will normally cost more than NCL. There are also some cruises that leave from Red Hook (Brooklyn) so there are even more options. There are quite a few online cruise agencies (just use Google to find a few) that have cruise search engines where you can search for cruises by port. Unfortunately, the posting guidelines do not let me post the links to a few of the better agencies so you are on your own :)

Hank

My GF and I are looking toward booking our next cruise. We love NCL but we have been every place they go out of NYC. Is there any other cruise line that leaves out of NYC at the same cost and with the suite benefits?? We just want to mix it up a little bit. I do not fly so we have to leave from NYC

Why don't you fly?

Remember that some of the other cruise lines suite perks are not the same as NCL. I was considering Carnival once but I spoke with one of their reps and you don't get the same perks like a butler or concierge. You might on other lines but you will pay more.

Have sailed Carnival out of NYC. The Dream is their brand new ship which I'll be checking out on a CTN 11/13-15. I have seen HAL ships at the NYC port too.

Yes, Princess out of Brooklyn, and RC and Celebrity from Bayonne NJ are convenient too.

Hoping at some time these lines see the market from NYC; I want more choices from here!

Why don't you fly?

Thanks for all of your help. I use to fly I lived in San Juan, Puerto Rico for 2 years and flew back to the states every 4-6 months. The one of the last time I flew we skidded on the run way at JFK a bout 2 weeks after the plane crashed in WDC for those who are old enough to remember this. i have flown a couple of times after this but I rather take Amtrak

Archived