What is the Bedtime story by John Heald

Dreamcruiser185

It's a skit where he tells a story, by bringing up pax to act out the skit, all while directing them.

He then picks on the idiosycrasies of said pax, and incorporates them into the skit. The audience plays a part as well.

I found it was CD Dave Armore that did it best.

My DH was chosen for this skit 2 years in a row. The CD picked him and the woman a few days ahead and "coached" them on how to act in the skit. Not sure if this is how they do it on all the ships. It is hilarious-my DH got a lot of people coming up to him on the ship telling him how much they loved the skit.

My DH was chosen for this skit 2 years in a row. The CD picked him and the woman a few days ahead and "coached" them on how to act in the skit. Not sure if this is how they do it on all the ships. It is hilarious-my DH got a lot of people coming up to him on the ship telling him how much they loved the skit.

Are you serious? All the time I thought it was unrehearsed! Now I'm depressed... I have fond memories of John Heald doing this skit and if what you say if true, then it kind of takes the fun out of it for me.

Are you serious? All the time I thought it was unrehearsed! Now I'm depressed... I have fond memories of John Heald doing this skit and if what you say if true, then it kind of takes the fun out of it for me.

thats why I stated NOT to research this matter and go experience it for the first time yourself--without posts clouding that up.

A while ago someone posted asking is it possible to have too much information and the answer to that is YES.- you dont need the information for the bedtime stories. it will ruin it for a lot of people

Sorry, but it's a show. Those that "believe" it are allowed to.

Dick Wooden, and the old couple in the Newlywed game are often planted as well.

Dick Little and his wife Anita Little ;). well......

Them too.

I remember rolling my eyes at DW when there was a plunger under the magic hat two years in a row, and the occupation of the guy both times was a toilet paper salesman. :rolleyes:

Them too.

I remember rolling my eyes at DW when there was a plunger under the magic hat two years in a row, and the occupation of the guy both times was a toilet paper salesman. :rolleyes:

I did not know that they were not "real" until after the cruise. In fact someone even asked John a question on his blog and they talked about their cruise and mentioned Dick Little and Anita Little. We happened to be sitting next to Anita Little.

I wonder how they find these people so soon? The Dick and Anita Little couple were on the first night, the Welcome Aboard Show. Maybe when we are all met by the crew when we first come on the ship. They find the perfect guy that will go on the stage.

• 2 years later...

What day of the cruise does he usually do this? Is it called "Bedtime Story" on the Fun TImes or is it part of something else (i.e. the "Welcome Aboard Show)? Just want to make sure we don't miss it. Thanks!

Dick Little and his wife Anita Little ;). well......

I remember my first cruise with these two...I thought it was so hilarious.

By the fourth cruise with them (who interestingly enough managed to look completely different all four times)...I was just annoyed :rolleyes:

There was also a Willy Banger back in the day.

LOL - I was a member of the 'not knowing' crowd when I saw John Heald do this skit on the Splendor. I was laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes.

When I got back home, I posted a thank you on John's FB page and how precious I though Dick and Anita Little were. He replied with a very gracious and sweet "You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed the show." About 2-3 days later, I was missing my cruise and was poking around on YouTube hoping to find John in a skit. Well lo and behold if I didn't find one, and there was Dick and Anita Little onstage, except it wasn't them...suddenly a light bulb came on in my head and I had a momentary blush of self-consciousness over how easily duped I was. \facepalm

In the end, I'm glad I didn't know it was rehearsed ahead of time, because it really was hilarious.

L

In the end, I'm glad I didn't know it was rehearsed ahead of time, because it really was hilarious.

it is a nice show. But its better if you are unprepared.

For future cruisers who have never seen his stories-- please dont post more about it

Them too.

this skit was funny!!!:) in 1991 on the holiday, the cruise director was vance palm. his skit was very close to this one!:) almost word for word.:)

Yeah...the shows are definately amuzing the first time you see them!

BUT....each CD has a "schtick" that they perfom each week - and often they are quite similar to that of other CD's in the fleet - and it is a bummer when you realize that it is all "just a show" :cool:

That's proabably one of the main reason we really don't care who the CD is....often is just the same stuff over again anyway! :rolleyes:

Yeah...the shows are definately amuzing the first time you see them!

BUT....each CD has a "schtick" that they perfom each week - and often they are quite similar to that of other CD's in the fleet - and it is a bummer when you realize that it is all "just a show" :cool:

That's proabably one of the main reason we really don't care who the CD is....often is just the same stuff over again anyway! :rolleyes:

I didn't use to care who the CD was, still don't really, but I had a couple on RCI this year that I enjoyed. Now I do try to find out about them ahead of time to see if it is somebody I'd want to go see. John Heald I would probably go watch his shows. Other ones not so much.

I didn't use to care who the CD was, still don't really, but I had a couple on RCI this year that I enjoyed. Now I do try to find out about them ahead of time to see if it is somebody I'd want to go see. John Heald I would probably go watch his shows. Other ones not so much.

I would definitely recommend that you see his - he is quite the showman and a good entertainer.....but you are bound to see similarities - even in his shows! ;)

Archived