Sabatini's or Crown Grill for anniversary dinner?

hunter33

My wife & I will be on Emerald Princess in just over 2 weeks, and our 13th anniversary will fall on the 2nd day of the cruise. We are planning to go to either Sabatini's or Crown Grill that evening. My wife loves Italian and we have a very nice Italian restaurant near our house. Looking at the Sabatini's menu online a lot of the choices look similar. I love a good steak, but would rather go to whichever one she would like better.

Any opinions on which of the two have a better atmosphere for an anniversary dinner? Do either of them have a better view, is the food or ambience better at one or the other? Thanks

Both have fabulous food, neither has a view, both have wonderful ambiance - choose whatever kind of food you like the best. Plan on 3 hours for a meal in Sabatinis.

But consider an alternative - the Chef's Table. It's offered once or twice a cruise, cost $75 pp, but is a wine and food lovers dream. Max per evening is 12 people. Gifts of a rose, cookbook, photo, and all the wonderful wine and unbelievable food you can consume.

I would do what the wife wants. but both are good. also the chef's table was worth every penny. was only 70 when i went. you just roll away from the table. in the end i think 75 is cheap for all the food and wine you get.

Both have fabulous food, neither has a view, both have wonderful ambiance - choose whatever kind of food you like the best. Plan on 3 hours for a meal in Sabatinis.

But consider an alternative - the Chef's Table. It's offered once or twice a cruise, cost $75 pp, but is a wine and food lovers dream. Max per evening is 12 people. Gifts of a rose, cookbook, photo, and all the wonderful wine and unbelievable food you can consume.

I was thinking that on the Emerald Princess Sabatini's is on the back of the ship overlooking the aft adult pool area. In pictures it looks like there is an outdoor terrace that would have ship's wake views. (And we would be there around sunset) Crown Grill is down nearer the center of the ship and would not have any kind of view.

I was thinking that on the Emerald Princess Sabatini's is on the back of the ship overlooking the aft adult pool area. In pictures it looks like there is an outdoor terrace that would have ship's wake views. (And we would be there around sunset) Crown Grill is down nearer the center of the ship and would not have any kind of view.

You're right - I failed to take note that you'll be on the Emerald. That aft terrace is very romantic, but can be a bit windy.

Sabatinis is a more intimate place. The food is delicious-say yes to what you want but the night is not really about the food. It is about the two of you. It is showing her how happy you are that she choose you. Romance is what you want the most!!

And get some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert back in the cabin. :D

Nuff said, stunning! Your wife will be happy, take it from a woman.;):D

This is the same decision that DH & I have to make. I prefer Crown Grill and he prefers Sabatini's. That being said, I would agree that on Emerald Sabatini's has the much preferred location and it is a more slow and relaxed intimate dining experience than Crown Grill. For these reasons and the fact that it sounds like your wife tend to prefer Italian, Sabatini's would be my choice of the two.

However, if you have a balcony I would recommend the Ultimate Balcony Dining over either of the specialty restaurants.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your special evening together.

Thanks all for the advice. Sounds like Sabatini's is the consensus. I like the idea that it has a better view and terrace seating as an option, and that Adagio is next door.

We thought about Ultimate Balcony Dining, but there is the possibility of loud or smokey neighbors and that would take away from an anniversary dinner. Also I've read a couple reviews that said the servers were there so much it seemed like there wasn't enough privacy for intimate conversation. We do want to do Chef's Table if it's available.

I ate in the Crown Grill last spring on the Emerald. At a window table, not too far from where I was sitting, was an eary 30s-ish couple. They had dinner and all of a sudden all the wait staff gathered at their table and brought out a small cake & they sang to the couple. It was their honeymoon & the guy had set this up with the restaurant beforehand. It was very nice.

We had our 26th in Sabatini's (on the Island Princess). We had a party of 10 and the dinner lasted from 6pm until 1 am. It was a wonderful occasion and the staff were outstanding.

Now that's how to dine! :D

My wife & I will be on Emerald Princess in just over 2 weeks, and our 13th anniversary will fall on the 2nd day of the cruise. We are planning to go to either Sabatini's or Crown Grill that evening. My wife loves Italian and we have a very nice Italian restaurant near our house. Looking at the Sabatini's menu online a lot of the choices look similar. I love a good steak, but would rather go to whichever one she would like better.

Come on mate...none of the opinions here really matter. I'm sure after 13 years of marriage you know that you should do what your lovely wife wants.....and then enjoy the rewards for doing so :D:eek::D

And for the record....my vote is for Sabatini's too. Enjoy :D

IMHO..........for romance:

1. UBD.....the service is not intrusive (server stayed in cabin with door shut). We did this for our 32 anniversary while sailing out of Bermuda.

2. Sabatinis...great, we had a table of 10 so not so romantic (but a lot of fun!!!)but had it been just the two of us it would have been terrific.

3. Chef table......everything was over the top.........food, wine, etc.

4. Crown Grill.......a steak is a steak

Sure wish I was doing any of those things right now!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy whatever you decide!

I'd do the Crown Grill. Since you have an Italian restaurant near home, I think you'd both be comparing Sabatini's with the place near home. That's not what you want to do on your anniversary dinner.

You have received may options and here is something to consider.

You can fine tune the Ultimate balcony dining and you can do it in your room, if you thing the balcony would be to noisy etc.

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska and had a mini suite and did the dining in the room with the College fjord glaciers as our back yard. In between courses we went out to view the glaciers. It was wonderful and the service was excellent, food was plentiful and delicious. Our picture with the glacier background was the best.

Have a Happy Anniversary which ever venue you choose.

Archived