What time does the spa open on Embarkation Day?

ksmcali

Is it open during embarkation? and how soon can you get a massage? We're leaving on November 28th on the Ecstasy. We'll be using VIP boarding so we hope to get on the ship as soon as embarkation begins (the port is less than an hour away, so we're driving). It's me, DH, and DD 2yo, so hopefully as soon as we embark, DD will be due for a nap. At which point I would love to catch a full body swedish massage to kick off a nice relaxed vacation. So, what time do they open and when do they start service!?

go straight to the spa when you get on the ship and tell them that will be happy to let them do a demonstation on you. i've been ask in the past to do this and you get a service for free. i'm not sure if they do the full body massage. i was ask to do the facial but my friend had already said she really wanted one so i let her do it. it lasted for a good two hours. i know they did the wrap that helps you loss inches. you have to deal with everyone coming thru and looking at you. this is the way the cruiseline advertises their services. since you have VIP status and can get on the ship early, maybe you can get a spa service for free. good luck and happy cruising!!!:)

go straight to the spa when you get on the ship and tell them that will be happy to let them do a demonstation on you. i've been ask in the past to do this and you get a service for free. i'm not sure if they do the full body massage. i was ask to do the facial but my friend had already said she really wanted one so i let her do it. it lasted for a good two hours. i know they did the wrap that helps you loss inches. you have to deal with everyone coming thru and looking at you. this is the way the cruiseline advertises their services. since you have VIP status and can get on the ship early, maybe you can get a spa service for free. good luck and happy cruising!!!:)

Thanks for the tip. I may give it a try for one of the other services (facial, pedi, something like that) but my heart is set on a massage, and thats something I definately don't want to be interupted!

Boarding begins around noon- and the spa will be opened on the day of embarkation but it is for people to take tours of. Sounds like being a model for this is not what you would want-- people coming in and gawking is not relaxing.

the tours wind down right before the muster drill and will be very crowdes= so maybe look at booking right before dinner?

Everyone always says go to the spa as soon as you get onboard. My husband and I did this when we boarded Conquest for our honeymoon cruise two years ago. You get the best shot at booking whatever time slot you want.

We signed up and came back about 3 hours later for our couple's massage. I would assume they wouldn't book any treatments until after muster is scheduled and sail away begins, but you can definitely get one that first day.

Though keep in mind, and I'm not sure it matters to you, I believe you can get better discounts on port days, and sometimes they offer specials in the capers. Of course, there's nothing like "kicking off" your vacation the right way!

Archived