finding out a day's menu in advance

cherylterr

hi all,

We will be on the Equinox in May 2010. We are wondering, while on the cruise, can one see the menus for ALL the dining locations in advance (that morning or even the day before) so we can decide whether to eat in one of the specialty restaurants (assuming we could get reservations) or whether to stay put?

also, can one order room service from a specialty place, like Murano?

thanks for any feed back!

The dining room menus are posted each day on the TV and they are also posted outside the dining room door. The specialty restaurants have the same menu each day with an occasional special. They don't serve food from the specialty restaurants in your cabin.

Also keep in mind that the chances of you being able to make a reservation in a specialty restaurant on the same day as you eat there may be limited, especially in Murano. And as Ma Bell said, the menus don't seem to change at the specialty restaurants on a daily basis. We ate in Murano twice on our Equinox cruise on 9/13 and the menus were identical but the amuse bouche and pallete cleanser did change. If you want a decent time at Murano, I suggest you consider making reservations well before the cruise actually starts. We were limited to 6:00 or 9:00 when making our on board booking in Murano.

Hi,

We've just returned from a wonderful cruise aboard Millennium, and the daily menus were posted in several places around the vessel, including outside the Ocean Cafe on Deck 10. It was similar when we were aboard Solstice in January.

Have a great cruise aboard Equinox!

CM

I know this is very subjective, but I made a point of not looking at the daily menu before entering. I realize you want to know so you can make decisions on specialty restaurants and so on, but I loved being surprised a bit when sitting and looking at the menu handed me. Listening to the recommendations, especially after the waitstaff had an idea of my preferences and so on, and then picked.

I guess I'm not extremely selective, I enjoy fish, meats, soups, salads, pasta - you name it. I am particular on quality. But just love to sit there, peruse the menu, and think about what I'll try this time and what mix - and try to experiment some since there isn't a cost when ordering and I can always change if it doesn't suit me.

Of course, we haven't cruised S-Class yet with all the additional restaurant options, but I think I'll stick to that plan, and if I want to try the Asian or Bistro (or top end), will go for it and not sweat what I may miss.

I just realized - since we are on a 10-day then a 13-day B2B, we will be expereincing the entire rotation a couple of times - Wow, that should be a gas (well, depending on what I order and if it has cabbage and stuff like that!!).

Denny

I know this is very subjective, but I made a point of not looking at the daily menu before entering. I realize you want to know so you can make decisions on specialty restaurants and so on, but I loved being surprised a bit when sitting and looking at the menu handed me. Listening to the recommendations, especially after the waitstaff had an idea of my preferences and so on, and then picked.

I'm just the same Denny:cool: I rarely if ever look at the menu because I too like the surprise. If you get yourself a good waiter and ask the question "what's good tonight?" it's not necessarily what you fancy from looking at the menu either.

Phil

I guess I'm not extremely selective, I enjoy fish, meats, soups, salads, pasta - you name it. I am particular on quality. But just love to sit there, peruse the menu, and think about what I'll try this time and what mix - and try to experiment some since there isn't a cost when ordering and I can always change if it doesn't suit me.

Of course, we haven't cruised S-Class yet with all the additional restaurant options, but I think I'll stick to that plan, and if I want to try the Asian or Bistro (or top end), will go for it and not sweat what I may miss.

I just realized - since we are on a 10-day then a 13-day B2B, we will be expereincing the entire rotation a couple of times - Wow, that should be a gas (well, depending on what I order and if it has cabbage and stuff like that!!).

Denny

I tend to agree with you. I'm not picky about food--well, ok, I don't like olives or anchovies--and I like the surprise. I don't mind seeing sample menus before I go to a restaurant (mostly on land), but I like to pick and choose on the spot, depending upon how I feel at the time.

I'm just the same Denny:cool: I rarely if ever look at the menu because I too like the surprise. If you get yourself a good waiter and ask the question "what's good tonight?" it's not necessarily what you fancy from looking at the menu either.

Phil

I feel the same way. Sometimes the things that sound the worst turn out to be the best. The waiters are usually right about what looks best for the evening.:)

We have a restricted diet as well, the Matre'd always brings us the menu for the MDR the night before so we can see if there is anything on it we can have and if not we special order. :)

I was focused too much on the OP's question about deciding when to go to a specialty restaurant and didn't think about the requirements of preplanning because of diet restrictions. That is very important to so many people. It seems that ships have a special ability to (or try to) meet dietary requirements that exceed land restaurants. I've been impressed with some of the posts on this subject. But of course there are misses!

Hope they meet your needs so you can relax and enjoy. My wife is reminding me more and more that my days of stuffing whatever looks neat (and spicy) into my face are starting to come to an end and I need to start eating like an adult and be a little more selective.

Denny

Phil

The good waiters tell you up front what's working and what's not - especially if you have second seating. A few times I ordered against the recommendations and usually ended up wrong. Fortunately, the waiter was alway happy to return with the recommended entree (and maybe a little smirk :p).

I tend to agree with you. I'm not picky about food--well, ok, I don't like olives or anchovies--and I like the surprise. I don't mind seeing sample menus before I go to a restaurant (mostly on land), but I like to pick and choose on the spot, depending upon how I feel at the time.

The anchovy pizza on the M class is to die for.

Ahhh, but the waiter smirked in a foreign tongue so we wouldn't catch on!

Denny

We actually have some foreign language background (especially slavic languages - and many of the waiters and assistants are eastern european) and have caught a few remarks that we were not supposed to understand - not necessarily about us. In fact we agreed with waiter most of the time :D.

Archived