Sea Pass, for both passengers ?

Hugh2011

My wife and I are boarding the Oasis of the Seas for a cruise in april 2011. The travel agent told me about a Seapass card, said it was for unlocking our cabin door, paying for merchandise we could buy on the ship (souvenirs, lunches, dinners, shows, etc -- however, I have been told that everything is included on the ship, shows also). But didn't tell me if we were each going to have one or just one for both of us.

One more thing. When we leave the ship at a port of call for a one day visit, I guess we need to bring some cash to be able to pay for stuff we might want to buy (in Jamaica, Haiti or Mexico) ?

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for all and any info you will provide conserning these Seapasses. :)

Hugh

You will both receive your own Sea Pass. It is your cabin key and is also used for any purchases made onboard ship. You will also need it to get off and back on the ship at each port.

Yes, you should take cash or credit cards for any purchases you wish to make on the islands.

Your meals and shows are included in your cruise fare. Specialty restaurants, pictures, souvenirs, etc. are not.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Hugh,

:) Welcome to Cruise Critic! Congratulations on booking Oasis. I'm sure you and your DW will enjoy it immensely.

You will each have your own SeaPass card, but they can be linked together and the charges covered by credit card or a cash deposit. In addition to the items mentioned above, you will have to pay for sodas & alcoholic beverages. Only coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk & juices (at breakfast) are included in the cruise fare.

Just FYI, you should check out the Royal Caribbean boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

and the Oasis of the Seas board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=554

Also, you can search the Roll Call boards for your sail date to chat with others on your sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=549

Have a wonderful cruise!

Just like ain a hotel, you will each get a "key" to your cabin--everything you purchase on the ship or the private beaches (if you stop at either Coco Cay or Labadee) will be charged to your room account (your seapass!)

Your picture is linked to each card, so on one else can board the ship by using your card...

Tell your TA to get you an RCI brochure---the info in there is just about everything you'll need to know about the ship, the cruiseline, rules.....everything!

Your seapass will be linked to either a credit card that you provide on check-in (just like a hotel!!!) or a cash deposit may be made. You can give them a credit card, and then, pay it off in cash, if you prefer.

You can pay your suggested tips either in cash at the end of the cruise, or can charge it to your seapass (credit card)...your choice. Figure $9.75 per person, per day to cover your room attendant, waiter, ass't waiter and head waiter. If you order room service, you should tip $1-2 for small orders to the delivery person!

Great ! Thanks to all of you for these precious info. Especially the OOTS websites.

There is only one small problem; April 2011 won't come fast enough ! :D

All the best, to each and everyone of you

Hugh

Hugh,

Do NOT hesitate with your questions. We will gladly answer all no matter how stupid or trivial the questions may seem to you. The seapass question is a good one, and remember to guard this seapass (it looks like a credit card) very carefully as it has multiple uses including security.

A couple of very important points here. First, fly to the port at least a day before your cruise...cruise ships do not wait for passengers. Second, plan on attending at least one formal night on the ship..it doesn't mean buying lots of clothes because a coat and tie on an RCCl ship will be fine. NOw...if she wants to buy something special that's her business. I say this because you should at least experience one formal night to be part of the tradition.

• 7 months later...
Hugh,

Do NOT hesitate with your questions. We will gladly answer all no matter how stupid or trivial the questions may seem to you. The seapass question is a good one, and remember to guard this seapass (it looks like a credit card) very carefully as it has multiple uses including security.

A couple of very important points here. First, fly to the port at least a day before your cruise...cruise ships do not wait for passengers. Second, plan on attending at least one formal night on the ship..it doesn't mean buying lots of clothes because a coat and tie on an RCCl ship will be fine. NOw...if she wants to buy something special that's her business. I say this because you should at least experience one formal night to be part of the tradition.

How much do you need to deposit on your seapass. Some cruises is like $200 pp for 7 days cruise

Archived