Airport transfers Buenos Aires

pacheco18

We (5 of us) are doing Iguazu Falls independently. I need a recommendation for a driver (with van) to pick us up at the domestic airport, stop at our BA hotel to get rest of our luggage (which we will store there), and take us to EZE for the flight home.

I contacted Cintia at WOW but she only handles transfers in connection with tours she operates. I would appreciate any leads you can give me.

I need a recommendation for a driver (with van) to pick us up at the domestic airport, stop at our BA hotel to get rest of our luggage (which we will store there), and take us to EZE for the flight home.

Are you sure you need a private driver and van? Two taxis from Jorge Newberry to a Barrio Norte or Palermo hotel would run about 25 pesos each. Go to hotel to get the rest of your luggage and, presuming it is sufficiently voluminous to require two taxis, either have the hotel call 2 radio cabs or have the two you used to bring you to the hotel wait. The fare to EZE will be no more than an additional 80 pesos each. You almost certainly will be able to negotiate either a free wait or discount so that the cost of each cab for both legs will be around 105 pesos or less than US $60 in total.

There are a lot of small SUV type taxis in operation in Bs As. They are called camionetas or taxis familiar. Such a vehicle will easily hold 3 cruise pax with voluminous luggage. You can specify them when you (or hotel) call a radio taxi. If you don´t catch one of these at Jorge Newberry because your domestic flight luggage is light and it isn´t necessary, then you can easily obtain them for the journey to EZE just by asking.

i'd love to know of any vans that would hold five people, from the airport to recoleta. taking two cabs isn't a good option for my family with two young children. they won't be riding on our laps and we'll have lots of luggage, so we need the space of a van. thanks for any ideas!

i'd love to know of any vans that would hold five people, from the airport to recoleta. taking two cabs isn't a good option for my family with two young children. they won't be riding on our laps and we'll have lots of luggage, so we need the space of a van. thanks for any ideas!

What you might need is a minibus which holds space for 15 seats. I know it sounds a bit too large,but there is nothing in between. The minibus ( here in Argentina they are called combis ) has enogh space for lots of luggage. The cost from AEP to recoleta will be about US$ 70-80 for the group

Pocho

What you might need is a minibus which holds space for 15 seats. I know it sounds a bit too large,but there is nothing in between. The minibus ( here in Argentina they are called combis ) has enogh space for lots of luggage. The cost from AEP to recoleta will be about US$ 70-80 for the group

Pocho

thanks pocho! can we find a minibus at the airport... or do we have to arrange it ahead of time?

i don't suppose you know if the minibuses have seat belts? we'll have one car seat that can be attached with a lap seat belt and another travel vest that needs a seat belt (with both the lap and chest strap). i know car seats aren't the norm there, but it's our comfort level.

Archived