Compulation of information for Barbados

Ziggy7

Are you collecting these ???

2577087360059670232cfvEAb_ph.jpg

Oh yes!

Once it's a cruise card, I collect it.

btw...what kinda card is that?

Mariner passed thru Barbados on her repo cruise, back in January.

I had lunch on board -Chops Grille - nooot bad! :)

LunchTable-391.jpg

Your Pre-Inaugural card above pertains to her West Coast routes

now she's Over There, I guess?

Go to

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Misc/Ship%20CARDS/

and/or to

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112394&id=682113168&l=e3d91e2688

and see some of my collection, thus far.

Hoping you'll send me a few cards in the Mail?

(just don't use scotch tape across the front of the card -that causes delamination -been there,too!)

Tell me more..?

Thanks Ziggy. Don't know if you remember me from the Hal-O-Ween Dam cruise. We'll be in Barbados in February so this info is most helpful. Happy sails to you!
Yes I do remember you! How have you been!!! We are going on the Ruby Princess on Nov 4th, our first time to these islands!

Nice to see you again!!:D

Oh yes!

Once it's a cruise card, I collect it.

btw...what kinda card is that?

Mariner passed thru Barbados on her repo cruise, back in January.

I had lunch on board -Chops Grille - nooot bad! :)

LunchTable-391.jpg

Your Pre-Inaugural card above pertains to her West Coast routes

now she's Over There, I guess?

Go to

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Misc/Ship%20CARDS/

and/or to

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112394&id=682113168&l=e3d91e2688

and see some of my collection, thus far.

Hoping you'll send me a few cards in the Mail?

(just don't use scotch tape across the front of the card -that causes delamination -been there,too!)

Tell me more..?

Yes, the Mariner is here now :) They did it big thing about the a West Coast inaugural cruise here. I was invited to a pre-inaugural one night cruise to nowhere, everything was free, cabin, booze, specialty foods etc... shops were not free :)

Pictures here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570205994oAiKnp

I will have to visit your website and get some cards together. Right now I'm packing for my cruise in 24 days :)

Edited by Ziggy7

Yes, the Mariner is here now :)

They did it big thing about the a West Coast inaugural cruise here.

I was invited to a pre-inaugural one night cruise to nowhere,

everything was free, cabin, booze, specialty foods etc...

shops were not free :) ===> My kinda cruise, even if brief!

Pictures here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570205994oAiKnp

I will have to visit your website and get some cards together. Right now I'm packing for my cruise in 24 days :)

Ruby Princess, Southern Caribbean, huh?

I have a feeling you'll be on my island soon

because I think I've seen your ship in the local Port Schedule, somewhere..

Hope you can find me some cards (the older the better)

Maybe we should continue this discussion via email?

Please contact me at pcdoctor (at) caribsurf dot com wouldja?

I'm not sure about some of those taxi rates posted either.....Like Aplmac I don't do tacis either but they some seem kinda high to me. Unless they are all round trip?

I work in the Cruise Tourism industry and those are the government issued rates and regulations, high yes, but still always determine the price of your taxi ride before getting in.:)

• 2 weeks later...

re the air-con.. I do know that bus companies have non-AC as well as AC rates that are given to the tour agencies.. which are then quoted to the ships.. usually the ships use only the AC rates to use for their base charges, thus part of the expense of the shore excursions.

And as said before. The taxi rates ARE governed by the govt and they do as well have AC and non AC rates.. but 25pct is a bit outrageous.. have them turn it off... the breezes are fine..

Thanks so much for this info - it's obvious a lot of effort went into it (I was about to start a thread asking lots of questions, but you've managed to answer them all in one fell swoop)

Thanks! Glad it helped :)

I need a little help with transportation. My brother has missed his connection to AOS and will be catching the ship on his own in Barbados. What is his best option for getting from the airport to the ship. There are 6 adults traveling. He will be arriving at 11 pm on Monday to catch the ship ***** Tuesday morning. Where would be the best place to stay on Monday night? Near the ship or the airport?

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Barbados and had a great time!!!! We took the Shasa Catamaran tour to swim with the sea turtles and had an outstanding time! Tess picked us up at the port, drove us to the catamaran where Captain Jason was waiting for us. Captain Jason treated us to a great swim with many sea turtles! He took us to a private place so we had them all to our group! Then we swam over a totally beautiful reef! I am still amazed at the huge stingray we saw! One of the largest we have ever seen. Captain Jason was very fun and personable!!!

Well worth the money!

http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/

Snorkel Cruise

This cruise is a 3 hr cruise stopping to snorkel and swim with the tame sea turtles.

Once back on board we continue to our next stop over a shipwreck and coral reef,where they are many varieties of tropical fish to see,all snorkeling gear is provided for adults and children. For the first time snorkeler, instruction is included at no extra charge! The most popular times for this cruise are 10am-1pm or for the more romantic at heart a sunset 3-6.

Ziggy sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Can I ask how many people were on your turtle cruise? Did it feel crowded?

thanks~

There were just 12 of us and Jason. They specialize in small groups :) The ships tours had 40 people on them!

7091.gif

7078.gif

7097.jpg

I was trying to decide between Shasa 5 hours tour and 3 hours tour. We love doing snorkeling. Can you describe a bit more your adventure? How much time in the water with the turtle? and how much time snorkeling at the shipwreck? Do you feel like you should have take the 5 hours?

Have you done something else after the catamaran tour? I still struggle with going to the cave also.

thanks Debbie for the informations!

Edited by zazou

I was trying to decide between Shasa 5 hours tour and 3 hours tour. We love doing snorkeling. Can you describe a bit more your adventure? How much time in the water with the turtle? and how much time snorkeling at the shipwreck? Do you feel like you should have take the 5 hours?

Have you done something else after the catamaran tour? I still struggle with going to the cave also.

thanks Debbie for the informations!

We arrived at the area where the turtles gather, put on our snorkeling gear, and hopped in with water. Turtles were everywhere! At least a dozens of them swimming all around us. We swam with them a good 30 minutes. Since we chose to go to a private reef we did not swim over the shipwreck. We had a great time but I wish now that we would have done the 5 hour tour. Time goes by quickly when your having so much fun and Jason was very good at guiding us over the best parts of the reef and feeding the turtles all the time we were in the water with them. He never rushed us but 3 hours went too fast! It is very fun and Jason's a great guide.

Shasa groups are no larger than 12 people so we did not feel crowded and they time it so you are not snorkeling with the larger groups. Swimming with the turtles is very fun. We even had a sting ray. Tess, his wife, meets you at port and guides you to the van that transports you to the catamaran where Jason is waiting for you. The van driver tells you all about the areas we were driving through.

Well worth every penny we paid for sure!!!

Cave sounds interesting but I did that in Tortola and it was a little scary for me LOL

Edited by Ziggy7

Thanks Debbie!

After reading your review, I just booked the 5 hours tour. Seem like we are going to have a wonderful time!

Isabelle

Oh how wonderful! I wish I was going with you!!!! I'm sure you will not be disappointed!!!! Have a wonderful cruise!!!:D

My ship will be porting here and I am looking for a tour of Barbados in January 2010 - something that will take me over much of the island with frequent stops for hiking, exploring, etc. Can anyone suggest an operator or two and give me some info?