Compulation of information for Barbados

Ziggy7

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back up to see if anyone has any updated info they'd be willing to share.

We'll be in Barbados in early February...just a couple of weeks. WHOOHOO!

We're planning on taking it easy this day. No formal tours...probably just rent a taxi (four of us) and head over to the Bathsheba/Cattlewash area. We don't plan to do any snorkeling or swimming at this port. We also aren't interested in a lot of history. We just want to see some pretty scenery. We wouldn't mind seeing any lighthouses if they are on the way to Bathsheba. We're also considering the Mount Gay Rum tour. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions? Any updates on what we should expect to pay for a taxi for this kind of tour?

I'm bringing this thread back up to see if anyone has any updated info they'd be willing to share.

We'll be in Barbados in early February...just a couple of weeks. WHOOHOO!

We're planning on taking it easy this day. No formal tours...probably just rent a taxi (four of us) and head over to the Bathsheba/Cattlewash area. We don't plan to do any snorkeling or swimming at this port. We also aren't interested in a lot of history. We just want to see some pretty scenery. We wouldn't mind seeing any lighthouses if they are on the way to Bathsheba. We're also considering the Mount Gay Rum tour. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions? Any updates on what we should expect to pay for a taxi for this kind of tour?

Thanks for bringing this thread back up! There is some really good information on this thread but it is indeed in need of updating. We are going to Barbados in March and I am still trying to figure out what to do on this island. We have never been here before. We do not want a Catamaran trip as we were on a Catamaran trip for a whole week in the BVI last year...it was fab but not ready for another one. Interested in the 4 x 4 trips but not sure which one....would like to book with independent company...not the ships..but again having trouble finding one.

We also want to see pretty scenery, would not mind some beach time altho not the whole day and would kinda like to see the monkeys. Thanks so much!!

Wendy Snider

Groveland, FL

Edited by crusinwen

• 2 weeks later...
We've gone with Island Safari for the 4x4 adventure in the past. Highly recommend them.

Unfortunately our ship is in port on a Tuesday and there is nothing available on any Tuesday with Island Safari so I think the cruise line has them all locked up. I think I will be forced to book through the ship. Still think the 4x4 will be fun!

Thanks!

:rolleyes: