Princess Cays - Snorkel Excursion

LEtue

Would like to hear from anyone who has done the Princess snorkel excusion by boat from Princess Cays. It only last 1 1/2 hours so they can't travel very far. Wondering if the snorkeling site is good.

Any imput or feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

We snorkeled right from the beach. When you get off of the tender, face the land and walk all the way to your left. there is a rocky area where there are lots of fish. They even sell fish food on the island. The fish will eat out of your hand.:cool:

Thanks for the responses. I have done the snorkeling from the beach before - in the area you suggested. Frankly, it wasn't great either time. Plus, I don't enjoy feeding the fish as much as viewing them on a reef.....

So, I'm looking for some feedback on the excursion by boat that Princess offers.

Any experience? Do you know what area they go to?

I'd love to hear as well. Looking to snorkel one day - either Princess Cays or Grand Turk. thanks!

Depending on when you are sailing I can post some information after I return on November 15.

I haven't been to Grand Turk before so I don't have any information on the snorkeling yet. Hopefully, they have recovered from hurricane Ike :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we're still booked on the Princess Cays snorkel excursion. I was hoping to hear from someone who had done this trip. When I get back I will post about the experience. I hope it is better than the shore snorkeling we have done here in the past :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, LETue,

Please DO post your experience with the snorkeling trip; we're considering doing this in January, IF they take you to a real (live) reef with interesting coral and fish... Thanks!

I forgot to come back and post sooner!

Anyway, due to the rough weather we experienced when leaving FLL on November 8 we didn't make it to Princess Cays in time for our excursion. So, I don't have any experience to share :(

Archived