Grand Caymen Stingray dive

scubas

Does anyone know of a good operator that offers a two tank dive, with one being at Stingray City? We have never dove there.

Try these:

Try www.resortsports.ky. Their website shows a two tank dive that includes a North wall dive and a dive at Stingray City.

You might want to check with Cayman Marine Lab (www.caymanmarinelab.com) but you will need to send an email for clarification. There isn't anyplace on the website that specifically says they offer Stingray City as part of a two tank dive tour. I sent an email yesterday inquiring and the response seemed to imply they could but I needed to send a follow up email and haven't gotten a response to that one yet. If you find any others, please post back. Good Luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a stingray city dive excursion with Princess in DEC 07. The ship cancelled the dive on the basis that the weather was too bad to dive that site on the day we were there. We ended up booking the normal 2 tank dive through the ship instead.

Imagine how upset we were when the diveshop said they were actually diving stingray city that day. It turns out that the ship cancelled the dive because not enough people booked it, not because of the weather.

So, you're wise to check out your options, so long as you're not concerned about the ship leaving without you thing.

I made a stingray city dive with Cayman Marine Lab many years ago. They were well situated then to do a north wall and stingray 2 tanker. I see they list a stingray dive on the website as costing $90.; also on the list a 2 tank dive trip costing $100., so I'm guessing the stingray trip is 1 tank...........They were a great operation then, but that was years ago.

Archived