Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Going great! Cruising on short notice in a week. Nice not to have to ask anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I look forward to, not having to check with the boss or not being able to go because of work requirements.

Now I need to work on those last minute deals!

I just thought I would check back in to send my best wishes to all the January retirees!

When I retired mid-October my goals were to get the entire house cleaned at one time, to get the planning done for my May cruise, and to catch up on some reading....I've made progress on the last one but have been enjoying life too much to make much done on the others!

Best wishes to each of you

Kathy

I just thought I would check back in to send my best wishes to all the January retirees!

When I retired mid-October my goals were to get the entire house cleaned at one time, to get the planning done for my May cruise, and to catch up on some reading....I've made progress on the last one but have been enjoying life too much to make much done on the others!

Best wishes to each of you

Kathy

Happy to hear you are enjoying retirement!! I have 7 and a half days left!!!! I honestly don't have a plan except to relax...and take a 10 day retirement cruise in March!

Deb

That's what I look forward to, not having to check with the boss or not being able to go because of work requirements.

Now I need to work on those last minute deals!

If things work out my retirement date will be the 16th.....as in my last day of work.:) I will be looking for those deals too!!!!

Deb

We were passing a Park and Ride two weeks after I retired. I turned to my wife and said, "I wonder why so many cars are parked here on a weekend." My wife informed me it was Tuesday....That's when it hit me big. Happy Trails to all of you.

I was up early shoveling the driveway. It wasn't until I finished that I ralized I really don't need to drive to work so there was no rush to do it.

I know most of the country has seen snow long before now, but today was the first measurable snow for us.

I got a snow day. I work in a school in Montgomery County. Actually, I was at school because they first had a two hour delay then they canceled school. So I stay and changed my bulletin boards.

6 and a half days left. Wow....still can't believe that is all I have left, but definitely not complaining at all!!!!!

Deb

After your March cruise, what is next? We are doing two cruises this year. After we visit my son and family in Texas (to see our new grandchild), we are going out of Galveston on Navigator (Aug. 2). We will be diamond at that point.

After your March cruise, what is next? We are doing two cruises this year. After we visit my son and family in Texas (to see our new grandchild), we are going out of Galveston on Navigator (Aug. 2). We will be diamond at that point.

Nothing planned yet after March cruise.

Deb

Whoot Whoot, guess what day it is. Yup, Hump Day.

One....1....One....1.....

How many more to go??? Yup.....

1 more Hump Day to go. Whoot Whoot

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! We are finally getting there.....Whoot!! Whoot!! No more camels for us...lol...I'm giving them up a week in advance!!!:);):)

Deb

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! We are finally getting there.....Whoot!! Whoot!! No more camels for us...lol...I'm giving them up a week in advance!!!:);):)

Deb

Unless I use annual or sick leave (e.g. golfitis), I will be in the office next Wednesday. No biggie, just clearing out electronic files and emails, enjoying the send off parties and lunches, etc. Then outta here on the 20th!

We have had a nice spell of warmer weather, so my golfitis flared up:rolleyes:. Managed to get a round in yesterday afternoon, feeling much better today, thanks for asking;).