Look2Sea

Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

I have 10 months 2 days until retirement. Have been at my job for 44 years, will have 45 years in when I leave in July. So ready!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have 10 months 2 days until retirement. Have been at my job for 44 years, will have 45 years in when I leave in July. So ready!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, according to my app.. 532b41368c946301c7cdcde28d9fb7a5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To official retirement date - January 31, 2019 - 102 days

To last day in office - November 29, 2018 - 39 days

# of working days including today - 21!

Six years ago today I retired.

We got rid of everything home, autos, etc… no storage. I retired on Halloween 2012 left MN that day left the USA Jan. 3, 2013. Been traveling the world renting vacation/holiday homes.

Upcoming Itinerary - June 21, 2018 to March 1, 2021

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/06/our-new-itinerarywith-few-gapsin-time.html

17 hours ago, tomworldwidewaftage said:

Six years ago today I retired.

We got rid of everything home, autos, etc… no storage. I retired on Halloween 2012 left MN that day left the USA Jan. 3, 2013. Been traveling the world renting vacation/holiday homes.

Upcoming Itinerary - June 21, 2018 to March 1, 2021

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/06/our-new-itinerarywith-few-gapsin-time.html

Congratulations and well done!  How do you handle mail?  Do you use a mail forwarding service?

15 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Congratulations and well done!  How do you handle mail?  Do you use a mail forwarding service?

Yes we use Mail Link Plus in Las Vegas NV https://www.maillinkplus.com/

We've used them since 2012 and are very satisfied with them and never have any problem with them.

They don't show as a PO box.

We use their address and our # which seems like an apartment or condo #, and have never had any trouble with mailing or shipping something there when we order something.

Just now, tomworldwidewaftage said:

Yes we use Mail Link Plus in Las Vegas NV https://www.maillinkplus.com/

We've used them since 2012 and are very satisfied with them and never have any problem with them.

They don't show as a PO box.

We use their address and our # which seems like an apartment or condo #, and have never had any trouble with mailing or shipping something there when we order something.

I should said we use their address for everything such as IRS tax forms etc.

The only things we don't use them for is our drivers license & absentee ballots because NV required a physical address for DL and voting absentee ballots.

NV allowed us to renew our DL online for the next 4 years(one time) So we didn't have return to get a new DL & photo.

We did our DL in 2012 then online renewal in 2016.

We will return to do our DL in 2020 new photo eye test.

For our DL & absentee ballots we use our son's address who lives in NV

I retired in July of 2017. It took me a while to get rid of the feeling that I should be somewhere working instead of doing whatever I want. We've taken two really long road trip vacations. I'm looking into cruises for 2020. Next year we're doing some remodeling and I don't have a good timeline for that, so we'll just do something when it's done.

Two years ago, I decided if all was well I would retire around Feb 2019. Sept 29, 2018 I submitted my paperwork to retire Dec 28, 2018. I just started counting the days. 23 working days to go.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, testerlady said:

I retired in July of 2017. It took me a while to get rid of the feeling that I should be somewhere working instead of doing whatever I want. We've taken two really long road trip vacations. I'm looking into cruises for 2020. Next year we're doing some remodeling and I don't have a good timeline for that, so we'll just do something when it's done.

I just retired as of September 1st. I keep thinking there's a chart I should be filling out. I also can't come to grips with being able to stay up as late as I want...keep thinking I have to go to bed so I can get up at 6AM!  Thursday is our first cruise where my DH and I are both retired. I hope its still fun!!!

22 hours ago, boopsahoy said:

Thursday is our first cruise where my DH and I are both retired. I hope its still fun!!!

I'm sure it will be just as fun, if not more fun! DW and my first cruise after we were both retired (last October) was awesome! :classic_biggrin:

50 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'm sure it will be just as fun, if not more fun! DW and my first cruise after we were both retired (last October) was awesome! :classic_biggrin:

Maybe it will be less depressing getting off the ship knowing NO WORK!