lack of "HOLIDAY"

j4047

What I don't understand KY is that you have complained just as much about the redneck people that cruise on the Holiday as you have the ship itself. So what is going to make your cruise any more enjoyable if they just replace her with a different ship? The same "redneck" people are going to be sailing out of mobile. Yes, I have a right to say redneck because I am one! (born and raised in Alabama and transplanted to Tennessee) :D

I have a feeling that no matter which ship is there, there will be the same dribble coming forth. (going to go get my overalls from the cleaners)

Dave

Wow,,,living on the left coast and never having cruised on CCL before, you guys sure make coming out of Mobile on a cruise ship could be an adventure like no others. I can't get a handle on whether it's the ship, the passengers , or both but it sure sounds like an adventrue.

Sorry your cruise 'stunk'.... I have read on CC less favorable reviews on the Holiday and also read those that still love it.. It's a gamble with a ship that old...

Have a better cruise next time and try a newer ship!!

:)

Good Morning Friends!

Yes, I am still here and lovable as ever. Why there isn't a grumpy bone in my body.:) Maybe I should change my user ID to Harry Truman. I never give the Holiday hell. I just tell the truth and some thinks its hell..LOL. :D

I'm sorry I almost let a good Holiday thread get by me but my "Holiday Detector" that senses a Holiday thread here needs batteries and it was just by luck that I happen to stumble along. I do have a life, you know!;)

People, get off of your billfold and spring for a quality cruise. If you do you will never sail the Holiday again...even if she did stick around. My cruise on the Holiday was 5 days of my life totally wasted...so don't waste yours.

I can't imagine how some of you stand the stench and squalor on that old tug...Yep..I know...she is cheap and conviently located. I guess any one will do anything for money even if they do have to sail the Holiday if they can save a buck.

Thats just my opinion but I know some of you will say I hide under a rock or I'm just a tube of KY Jelly. Bring on the abuse. I'm a big boy I can take it. Just wanted to say I love you all anyway!:D

Bye...until the next Holiday thread! LOL

Yours in Cruising,

KY Jelly...err Transplant. Sorry.

I agree KY!! Spend the extra $300 and spring for the nicer ship! I was so sorry my cheapness got the best of me and I ended up on Holiday!

What I don't understand KY is that you have complained just as much about the redneck people that cruise on the Holiday as you have the ship itself. So what is going to make your cruise any more enjoyable if they just replace her with a different ship? The same "redneck" people are going to be sailing out of mobile./quote]

I'm already stressing over that, Itchin'.

I have hopes that a newer, sleeker and classier ship will make the Hillbillies feel out of place and maybe find a hobby other than cruising. Or maybe Jed and Jethro can convince Granny to round up the kinfolk and caravan them old flatbody trucks to Charleston for the Fantasy.

No Ma'am, I won't miss them rednecks cuttin' off a "chaw" and spittin' 'backer juice off the railing, nor scratching their private parts in the buffett line (before grabbing a plate and proceeding down the way) nor any complaints because Possum Stew isn't on the menu.:D

What I don't understand KY is that you have complained just as much about the redneck people that cruise on the Holiday as you have the ship itself. So what is going to make your cruise any more enjoyable if they just replace her with a different ship? The same "redneck" people are going to be sailing out of mobile. Yes, I have a right to say redneck because I am one! (born and raised in Alabama and transplanted to Tennessee) :D

Hi, itchin!

A radio station out of Montgomery, AL, (plays oldies, which is why I listen to it), has been heavily advertising the five-day Holiday out of Mobile. It's a group cruise to (quote) "The Yucatan". I really haven't paid much attention to it, but they're still advertising. They must be going in the next couple of weeks. They don't mention the Ports of Call....just "The Yucatan". I think it's 103.3, but I'd have to turn my car on to verify. I'm not from AL, but live here now. I hear ya! Very familiar with the "redneck" element. Now, I'm going down to the Redneck Riviera (I know you know where that is) for a few days this weekend. War Eagle. I guess. Good post, itchin!

I've made great strides in my acclimation here!

Archived