Kava on P&O cruise ships.

dmaher42

Thanks for the reply Wayne, I know you are allowed to bring back up to 2kgs into Australia. I had no problems when I declared it at Sydney Airport.

So it was OK to take back onto the ship?

I'll be extremely happy if I can enjoy my evenings on the ship, watching the sunset with a nice bowl of Kava, instead of the poison they call alcohol LOL!

Hi cruiser, this is from P&O's site. although it only mentions drinking it overseas.

Be extremely careful if you consider consuming Kava which is a popular herbal, medicinal and ceremonial drink in the South Pacific. In addition to enhancing the effects of alcohol, long term use may cause liver damage.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Thanks for the reply Wayne, I know you are allowed to bring back up to 2kgs into Australia. I had no problems when I declared it at Sydney Airport.

So it was OK to take back onto the ship?

I'll be extremely happy if I can enjoy my evenings on the ship, watching the sunset with a nice bowl of Kava, instead of the poison they call alcohol LOL!

I am sure any alcohol you buy on port stops will be taken off you on re embarkation and then returned on the last night to you.

So please do not expect to be drinking it during your cruise.

Hi, Does anyone know if you are able to bring Kava back onto the ships?

The cruise ship I am on is stopping at Port Vila, and I am hoping to bring some Kava back home with me.

yes you can bring it back with you. you can bye it in a powder form and mix it when you get home, yes they will take it off you the same as alcohol

Archived