Is Island Escape comparable to Ocean Village ?

CarrpeDiem

Hiya,

We have done OV 3 time - and LUV it !!! I am looking to book something for next year - has anyone done OV and Island who would be willing to do an honest comparison for me ?

Hubby taking some talking into Island - thinks as OV are going we should book a HOTEL !!! :eek::eek::eek:

Positive and negatives please :)

Carrol

I have been on OV twice - east + west Med and OV2 once - Carribean

In my opinion, both OV ships far superior to Escape. Cabins smarter and larger. Food far, far superior in all respects. Staff just as friendly on both though. Drinks prices not much difference. Both to me have "butlins at sea" air about them which some may not like.

Though obviously many will have different views from me - each to their own!! :)

We have been on OV 1 and 2 for the last 6 years and we love it,very upset they are finishing its like losing one of the family!ok thats going overboard i know.....anyway we were on I.E back in 2002 as OV hadn't started then and i have to say we loved it until we found OV.The differences are fairly minimum,the cabins are a bit dated and smaller,no coffee or tea making facilities,no fridge no cinema and no celebrity chef!(only kidding)but if you don't mind going without the rest its great,we are going on the I.E in Dec and our last trip on the O.V in May sob sob,hope thats been helpful.

Archived