Oasis

KODAK

I'm not sure how many cruises I've taken on R.C. I am now a Platinum member so it has to be quite a few. We have NEVER been dissappointed. That's why we keep coming back. As for food, somtimes I think they put a little too much empasis on presentation but if I'm not happy with my choice, I have no problem asking for somthing else and they're always obliging. I have NEVER had any meal that tasted like a microvave meal. What are they talking about.? I'm just one of those people who love to have someone pull out my chair, lay my napkin in my lap and SERVE me. I love it!!!! When my TA gave me that beatiful booklet on the Oasis, I said, "I don't care where it's sailing to or from, just book me." I keep it in my car and have talked several friends into booking it. We're leaving April 24, 2010. I can't wait to hear from you who are sailing before me.

BON VOYAGE my friends.

I try not to look at everything through rose colored glasses, and I'm sure that if I chose to, I could focus on the minor inconveniences or disappointments that are associated with any travel experience--not just cruising. But I've got to say that this is a refreshing post for me.

I have heard a lot of negative criticism about Oasis from people who haven't even given the ship a chance. Their minds are already made up: "It's too big," "It's too crowded," "The food isn't good," "The service is subpar." PEOPLE, I'M SORRY, BUT THE SHIP HASN'T EVEN LAUNCHED YET! I, for one, am very excited about our Dec 1 Pre-Inagural sailing that is now just a few weeks away, and I'm going with high expectations.

I'm as disappointed as some of you all are at the cutbacks RCI & others in the industry have made, but I FIRMLY believe that both the experience and memories of a cruise are what you make of them, and I'm sorry, but I think if people had a little more positive attitude going in, they might come away more satisfied.

So thanks, Kodak, for a refreshing & positive outlook. I look forward to reporting back here with good news in December.

Royal Caribbean has put their money and reputation on the line with Oasis and Allure. I'm a Diamond member as just like Kodak I have never been disappointed. I am on Oasis December 5th, 2009 inaugural cruise and I am totally excited about this ship.

Jim

Archived