Jst returned and heres the info

mcdermott

Returned last night from one week on Island Escape

Yes the ship is tired and I have been on worse

Cabin my cabin was fine the bed was clean as was the cabin itself We had decent carpets and the bathroom was very clean and functional no chrome on soap dish holders but that wouldnt spoil my holiday

Generally around the ship there was a lot of wear and tare

The day we arrived the aircon broke down and it was 28centigrade everyone was complaining and we were told all would be well when we sailed but as they had a problem with an in coming flight we didnt sail until 2am so it was a little wearing but true to there word the aircon did work once we sailed and there after

The food it was exceptional we ate in the eveing in the Oasis restaurant

it was well worth the extra and would recomend

However we did eat in other parts of the ship and the food there was also very good

My main gripe was the All inclusive package the wine was awfull and the pre mixed drinks ie Gin and Tonic whiskey and dry were never just right

my advice would be order as follows

Gordons gin with seperate tonic and lemon ie two drinks this seemed to be a better drink

The staff were fantastic they could not do enough whoever is training them is doing a great job and remember for a lot of the staff English is not their first language

We have had a great holiday but then again we were with a great crowd our main reason for going on the ship

Thats about it any questions just ask

Returned last night from one week on Island Escape

Yes the ship is tired and I have been on worse

Cabin my cabin was fine the bed was clean as was the cabin itself We had decent carpets and the bathroom was very clean and functional no chrome on soap dish holders but that wouldnt spoil my holiday

Generally around the ship there was a lot of wear and tare

The day we arrived the aircon broke down and it was 28centigrade everyone was complaining and we were told all would be well when we sailed but as they had a problem with an in coming flight we didnt sail until 2am so it was a little wearing but true to there word the aircon did work once we sailed and there after

The food it was exceptional we ate in the eveing in the Oasis restaurant

it was well worth the extra and would recomend

However we did eat in other parts of the ship and the food there was also very good

My main gripe was the All inclusive package the wine was awfull and the pre mixed drinks ie Gin and Tonic whiskey and dry were never just right

my advice would be order as follows

Gordons gin with seperate tonic and lemon ie two drinks this seemed to be a better drink

The staff were fantastic they could not do enough whoever is training them is doing a great job and remember for a lot of the staff English is not their first language

We have had a great holiday but then again we were with a great crowd our main reason for going on the ship

Thats about it any questions just ask

Hi

Glad you had a great holiday and thanks for the review. It just shows how peoples opinions can differ but as we said before have seen more good reviews than bad. We are going with a pos. attitude and will enjoy it. Pity about the all incl. though.

Have you any idea how much the supplement was for 'brands' and liquers.

We have to pay extra as my husband drinks cider and this always has a supplement added.

Looks as if the card is going to take a battering this time though with the drinks extras and we def. will be going in the Oasis restaurant.

Mary

Hi both of you,

From what I've seen of most of the reviews they haven't changed her much from last year.

Also unless they've changed the wine in the A.I both the white and red were fine last time. And they now are supposed to have a French rose in it.

Berwyn

I too have just returned from a week on Island Escape, my first cruise ever and loved every minute. We had an inside cabin on deck 5. Yes it was a bit shabby but clean and we were fine. Would go on this ship again without hesitation, don't even know whether I would pay extra for a window. We didn't go all inclusive as we are not big drinkers and didn't think the prices were too bad at all. Ate in the buffet restaurant all the time and was spoilt for choice. Can't wait to go again.:)

I too have just returned from a week on Island Escape, my first cruise ever and loved every minute. We had an inside cabin on deck 5. Yes it was a bit shabby but clean and we were fine. Would go on this ship again without hesitation, don't even know whether I would pay extra for a window. We didn't go all inclusive as we are not big drinkers and didn't think the prices were too bad at all. Ate in the buffet restaurant all the time and was spoilt for choice. Can't wait to go again.:)

Great to hear this. We go on the 20th Nov. Can't wait. Counting down the days.:)

We had our first ever cruise on Island Escape and absolutely loved it. Yes, the cabins are small and the decor is a bit tired, but it was the most friendly ship we have ever been on. The staff could not do enough for us and even the entertainment staff started to recognise us by the end, and would welcome us when we arrived. It really made the cruise for us.

April

We had our first ever cruise on Island Escape and absolutely loved it. Yes, the cabins are small and the decor is a bit tired, but it was the most friendly ship we have ever been on. The staff could not do enough for us and even the entertainment staff started to recognise us by the end, and would welcome us when we arrived. It really made the cruise for us.

April

That's what I really liked on the Destiny, the crew and staff recognise you, and it just makes it that bit more special.

Although not sure what it says about you when lots of bar staff start to know your drinks order before you do!

That's what I really liked on the Destiny, the crew and staff recognise you, and it just makes it that bit more special.

Although not sure what it says about you when lots of bar staff start to know your drinks order before you do!

Hi Crinkle,

Same on the Escape. We got to know the one in the Lookout bar so well she even brought out her daughter's pics for us.

And on your 2nd point it's easy. red wine, red wine and more red wine :D

Berwyn

So on the island escape, what do most men wear to dinner? I was thinking of packing him some casual shirts and jeany trousers. Would that be ok? Thanks

Hi Crinkle,

Yes that's fine. Last time I could count the number of ties on the fingers of 1 hand and still had some to spare.

Berwyn

For those that have posted on their return..What was sunbathing space like,plenty loungers?Is round the pool the only sunbathing space

AI package..whats the signing of drinks policy,does everyone have to sign for their drink or could you order a round of drinks and one person signs the receipt?

Oh goodo, I still like him to look semi-respectable.. grins!

I felt like a right idiot all togged up in my suit and tie for the formal nights on Royal Caribbean in June.

About the only thing they insist on is you wear something on your feet when going in the dining rooms.

Berwyn

For those that have posted on their return..What was sunbathing space like,plenty loungers?Is round the pool the only sunbathing space

AI package..whats the signing of drinks policy,does everyone have to sign for their drink or could you order a round of drinks and one person signs the receipt?

Hi Jim,

There is another open deck above the pool deck with space for loungers.

Unless Thomsons have changed things at first we signed individually for drinks but as staff got to know you I was signing for both of us.

Berwyn

hi all wife and i are going on colourful coasts trip on 2nd nov has any one been on this trip. I was on escape in june this year as first time cruisers had great time will find it hard to do anything but going on cruises from now on

hi all wife and i are going on colourful coasts trip on 2nd nov has any one been on this trip. I was on escape in june this year as first time cruisers had great time will find it hard to do anything but going on cruises from now on

Hi Bill,

If you go over to the Thomson's board and type Agadir or Colourful Coasts in the search box you will get several threads about last year's cruises. The Celebration did it last year.

My work colleague went on it last December and she had a great time. It was her 1st cruise. She said the weather was lovely, nice and sunny in the day and warm enough not to need a cardigan or shawl,over the shoulders in the evenings.

Berwyn

I love this itinery, so much so we did a week in nov 07, a back to back 2 week in nov 09 both on the Thomson Destiny. This year another week, but the Escape.

I feel that in every port, apart from Agadir, you can go and do your own thing very easily, and much cheaper.

I the past few years, we've had some fab weather, and only have 1 day when it rained the whole day.. but still plenty inside the ship to do, as we didn't get off the ship in Agadir on that particular cruise.

You'll have a fab time!

My husband wore jeans and shirt or Trousers and shirt definatelt no tie jackets etc relax that is one of the great things about this ship

Also dont think Thomsons they are saying they are not Thomsons The fact that

1 Thomson took your booking

2 Thomson took your monies

3 Thomson issued the boarding cards

Is irrelevant according to guest relations

According to our fellowtravellers who cruise many times with Thomsons the AI package was not like Thomsons nor was anything else on the ship

Thomsons was better

My husband wore jeans and shirt or Trousers and shirt definatelt no tie jackets etc relax that is one of the great things about this ship

Also dont think Thomsons they are saying they are not Thomsons The fact that

1 Thomson took your booking

2 Thomson took your monies

3 Thomson issued the boarding cards

Is irrelevant according to guest relations

According to our fellowtravellers who cruise many times with Thomsons the AI package was not like Thomsons nor was anything else on the ship

Thomsons was better

Still have good cocktails I hope... mmmm cocktails

Still have good cocktails I hope... mmmm cocktails

Hey Crinkle which table will I find you under? :D

And if they've kept it the same the afternoon tea was to die for.

Sandwiches, cakes, beautiful gateaux and jelly etc.

Not like the burgers and nachos they were serving up in the middle of the afternoon on the American cruise line.

Berwyn

Hey Crinkle which table will I find you under? :D

And if they've kept it the same the afternoon tea was to die for.

Sandwiches, cakes, beautiful gateaux and jelly etc.

Not like the burgers and nachos they were serving up in the middle of the afternoon on the American cruise line.

Berwyn

Hehe ok so to pace myself I must have afternoon tea and cocktails..

Wow fingers crossed its the same.. ahh heaven!

Archived