Cell Phones on Ships

Giantfan13

I thought I would post a bit of advice on using your cell phone while cruising. Most know, the cost of a call while at sea is very high, but you can text for a very inexpensive price.

We have T-Mobile as our service provider. We just got back from a Baltic Cruise. They have an International calling rate of 99 Cents a minute while overseas in most of the Baltic counties (except St petersburg), but that is while ashore. But while we were cruising, (at sea) we were able to text for 35 cents a message. Now, I am an old fart who is really not into texting, and it took me about 1/2 hour to get them out, but I did it, and was able to keep in touch with home without some of the major costs of calling.

I can't speak for other cell phone providers, but T-Mobile was pretty good with this.

I thought I would post a bit of advice on using your cell phone while cruising. Most know, the cost of a call while at sea is very high, but you can text for a very inexpensive price.

We have T-Mobile as our service provider. We just got back from a Baltic Cruise. They have an International calling rate of 99 Cents a minute while overseas in most of the Baltic counties (except St petersburg), but that is while ashore. But while we were cruising, (at sea) we were able to text for 35 cents a message. Now, I am an old fart who is really not into texting, and it took me about 1/2 hour to get them out, but I did it, and was able to keep in touch with home without some of the major costs of calling.

I can't speak for other cell phone providers, but T-Mobile was pretty good with this.

Wait until you get the bill that includes all the international charges from T-mobile's roaming partners! T-mobile's text charges show up right away on your bill, but the charges from the overseas partners for those text messages can take up to two months to show up on your T-mobile bill.

Wait until you get the bill that includes all the international charges from T-mobile's roaming partners! T-mobile's text charges show up right away on your bill, but the charges from the overseas partners for those text messages can take up to two months to show up on your T-mobile bill.

And wait until any calls made on the ship show up. T-Mobile charges more per minute then any other carrier at $4.99 a minute. No it is not part of international roamiming:eek: The rest at $2.49.

Sorry people, but I was charged 35 cents a minute and there were no international roaming charges extra. On land it was 99 cent s a minute from most countries when I enrolled in the international calloing plan, and NO OTHER cell phone company offered that rate with NO EXTRA roaming charges. I'm not saying T Mobile is the best, but waht they told me, was the truth, and I have the bills to confirm that.

Archived