Transporation options: Valparaiso to Vina del Mar

ALadyNCal

As far as I can tell, it's only about 20 minutes to Vina del Mar from the port (Valparaiso). Is that correct?

I have read there are local buses to go from Valparaiso to Santiago. What about to Vina del Mar?

I saw somewhere there is a local bus, but I wasn't sure if this is the kind you can get on with all your luggage???

Or, is it likely to find a taxi that would take us to Vina del Mar? (5 adults with lots of luggage)

Thanks for any tips :)

If you're getting off the cruise and going up to Valpo I'd take a cab. Buses are crowded and slow. The train is an option but, depending on time of day can be crowded as well.

Taxi's are pretty cheap and your safest bet with a bunch of people and luggage. Or, send one person in the cab to the hotel with the bags and let the others take the train. It's pleasant, great views and doesn't have to stop for any of the traffic.

NewCruiseFan -- Your comments state they are to 'get to Valpo', but I assume you mean from Valpo/cruise port to VINA DEL MAR. Correct?

Best I can tell then, two taxis from the pier to Vina del Mar should work for us then.

Thanks.

Alady, argh, I'm a dope. Yep, meant from Valpo to Vina. If I had to get from the port to Vina I'd go by taxi - or split up and some take the train. But with the cab you'll get directly to where you want to go and likely get some tour info along the way.

Have a great time! Don't forget it gets both very hot/steamy and cold/wet on the trip! We had a couple of families who hadn't read the brochure and had only warm weather clothing.

You'll enjoy yourself immensely.

Archived