Christmas & New Year dining arrangements on Journey

jo-b

Hi

Is there anyone who has travelled on Azamara at this time of year and can advise whether you have to prebook a timed slot in the main dining room like you do on Embarkation day; or does the normal system apply?

I was wondering about using our pre-booking facility to book the alternative for New Year as we have a birthday in our group, but was unsure of whether or not the atmosphere in the main dining room would be better?

Or is it all kept fairly low key?

We have a roll call going for the 18th Dec sailing but VERY few people so far, pop over and join in if you too are on board.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Is there anyone who has travelled on Azamara at this time of year and can advise whether you have to prebook a timed slot in the main dining room like you do on Embarkation day; or does the normal system apply?

I was wondering about using our pre-booking facility to book the alternative for New Year as we have a birthday in our group, but was unsure of whether or not the atmosphere in the main dining room would be better?

Or is it all kept fairly low key?

We have a roll call going for the 18th Dec sailing but VERY few people so far, pop over and join in if you too are on board.

Thanks in advance

The normal system applies on Christmas and New Years..its still a matter of personal choice for the holiday..all rooms are wonderful!!

I know the ship isnt full yet but I am sure it will be, I will be on the Januart 3 Journey..right after you!

Jancruz1

We'll try and keep it tidy for you Jan, thanks for the reply!

I know it's a daft detail but would an American ship have crackers at Christmas on the tables?? Someone said not so I thought I would bring some in teh hold luggage and my OH said the TSA may not like it?

We did the same itin on Journey last December, it was a great cruise. There was a special menu for Christmas but they were very busy, we were dissapointed. I wish we had booked one of the alternative restaurants. I don't recall any crackers on the table, but our server forgot several things that night so that doesn't mean there weren't supposed to be any!

NY eve was a lot of fun, a party on deck and very festive.

Thanks Lovecruzin we may have to think about booking an alternative restaurant for Christmas Day. But I bet that will be popular, we have already used our pre cruise one for embarkation day!

Thanks Lovecruzin we may have to think about booking an alternative restaurant for Christmas Day. But I bet that will be popular, we have already used our pre cruise one for embarkation day!

Try to book as soon as you get on board, you may get lucky! You can always cancel if you change your mind.

Could someone on the east side of the pond explain the significance of crackers to those of us on the west side of the pond?:confused:

tgg Christmas Crackers are a crucial part of the Christmas table on this side of the pond. They contain paper hats, riddles and a small gift.

Wikipedia entry may help

A cracker consists of a cardboard tube wrapped in a brightly decorated twist of paper, making it resemble an oversized sweet-wrapper. The cracker is pulled by two people, and, much in the manner of a wishbone, the cracker splits unevenly. The split is accompanied by a small bang produced by the effect of friction on a chemically impregnated card strip (similar to that used in a cap gun).

if you don't have them you are missing out:):)

Archived