Latest inbound flight to FtLauderdale cruising from Miami

moethecat

way too close. Id fly in the night before or I wouldnt fly in at all. Heck, I was looking at flying in from Dallas to New Orleans and thinking I was worried, what happens if there is a weather delays in Dec etc and chickened out and its a short flight. Where are you flying in from?

Carnival wants you onboard 90 minutes before the ship leaves, at 2:30 pm. If you arent onboard 60 minutes before they shut the gangplank and you arent allowed to board. They have to turn in their final manifest 60 minutes before so the ship can leave on time.

Hi,

I am sure something similiar has been asked hundreds of times but I was considering a Carnival Cruise departing from Miami at 4:00 on Sat Nov 21 2009.

Would a 12:35 flight into Ft Lauderdale be pushing things too close?

Rob

The Carnival transfer from FLL to the port in Miami states that the latest a flight can arrive for the transfer from FLL to the port of Miami is 2pm. So barring any delays by the airline you should be ok. Not that you have to use the transer service. Use: SAS Transportation and be at the port in 30-40 minutes.

Carnival wants you onboard 90 minutes before the ship leaves, at 2:30 pm. If you arent onboard 60 minutes before they shut the gangplank and you arent allowed to board. They have to turn in their final manifest 60 minutes before so the ship can leave on time.

If you have completed your FunPass you will be on the manifest and must be onboard 60 minutes before departure. The 90 minute rule is for those that don't have their FunPass completed.

If you have completed your FunPass you will be on the manifest and must be onboard 60 minutes before departure. The 90 minute rule is for those that don't have their FunPass completed.

I think thats what I said, be onboard at the latest 60 minutes before the ship leaves, they wouldnt wait.. just different words.

I must not be a gambler, I would be afraid to fly in that late.

Thanks everyone. Still not sure what to do. But i am thinking I might chance it

I have flown in the day of for 3 in Miami and 1 in New Orleans from VA with no problems....matter of fact flying into FLL for my cruise 12/10 out of Miami. However I do NON-Stop flights only the day of because anything else increases the chances of something being delayed. I do have travel insurance just in case however.

If it is going to be the end of the world, then fly in the day before. It is not worth the stress of worrying about it. Plus you will be rested and will be able to better enjoy your first day on the ship.

If it is an economic decision, make sure you have travel insurance. Good luck.

If it is going to be the end of the world, then fly in the day before. It is not worth the stress of worrying about it. Plus you will be rested and will be able to better enjoy your first day on the ship.

If it is an economic decision, make sure you have travel insurance. Good luck.

Even if not the day before, then fly in early the morning of the cruise. Whats the worst?? You arrive and wait an hour and are eating lunch in the buffet at Noon? Id hate to arrive to a cruise that late. I dont even arrive that late when I drive down, I might have a flat tire or a accident ... I feel better getting there in plenty of time to get there and eat lunch onboard.

Archived